Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To Excited

To Excited

Well I have goose bumps running up and down my back
    I just made a deal with Ray Scott to buy an RL 6040 upgraded to 60 watts.
    I have to Say so far Ray and Carol have been awesome to work with can't wait to meet them when I travel to there shop and pick up my machine in Sept.
    Now I just have to calm myself down for the next 6 weeks till I go get it LOL
    Can't wait to upgrade my signature at the bottom of this page.
    RL_40-6040.jpg
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Woohoooooo! Congrats Bert! Anxious to hear how you like it. Hope to do the same with them someday!

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Congratulations Bert! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it.

Dave, some day? Come on. You do know they will pay for plasma and other bodily fluids, right? You could have earned enough from selling plasma to pay for 2 lasers by now Think outside the box, man, come on!
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Blog Entries
    Scott! I already sold one kidney and my medula oblongata! I have even put my Mom's collection of S&H green stamps in the pot, but I don't see Rabbitlaserusa listed in their 1958 redemption catalog. Sigh.

Dave
    <grin>
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Bert

Congratulations. I'm sure you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thanks guys I hope to have fun with it as I'm just a hobbyist .
    Dave come on its time to pull the trigger, hey you buy it and I'll haul it back as far as Flagstaff AZ for ya. You can meet me there and haul it home yourself or have it shipped from there saving you a bundle in shipping cost.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I think we should just all pitch in for laser for David, surely no one has waited as long and patiently as this poor guy, heck, he contributes more knowledge than most people that have owned a laser for years! David, I can't think of anyone more deserving! Maybe a kickstarter?
    Universal PLS 6.120D 75 watt
    MutiCam Apex CNC 4'x8' w 6 bit TC.
    EnrRoute 6 Pro 3d software.
    Vision 2550 Rotary Engraver.

Is Ray coming out to set it up for you. When I checked he wouldn't let me pick it up.

I'm picking it up at his store. set up myself.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Bert, I have a vision of you driving across the desert, and when no one is looking pulling the truck over and quickly uncrating the laser, hooking it up to a generator and firing it up jussssssst to get a quick fix before you get home!!! A friend and I did that when we bought our sea kayaks ages ago. He lived in eastern WA and I lived in southern OR and we bought the boats in Seattle, driving a big loop back to our homes with them. We had a big trip planned with them, but that was weeks away and we were excited. On the ride to his home we went by a lake. We HAD to stop and drop them in the water for a few hours paddle. We couldn't wait till our trip when we could toss them into the ocean!!!! It was fun. Felt like little kids!!!

But....when you are driving from Ohio back to AZ.....don't remember my tale of yesteryear and confuse it with your travels from Ohio. I will feel horrible if I hear you stopped by a lake and dropped the Rabbit in the water for a paddle and then realized you were channeling my youthful memories!! <grin>

A laser will come! Not too worried about that. Just a matter of when. Hoping to retire in January and I would like to have things moving well before that. My office is starting to develop a full blown panic about it however but hasn't had the sense to fill the other vacant positions in our office yet. And now they realize they have waited so long they wont be able to get someone here now to overlap with me. Hence the panic. They have known since January so any feelings of guilt I might have had have long since vanished. C'est la Vie!! Of course, their sense of panic ends up in my emails and calendar which doesn't help me get things done at home at all.

Bert...I don't think I can have my act together soon enough to meet your September trip....but I sure appreciate the offer and will be following your progress anxiously and with delight. Just remember....don't stop at any lakes on the way home!!! <grin>

Dave

Bert! Congrats! You and I are in the same boat! I just bought a laser from Rabbit Laser USA this past Monday. Ray and Carol were awesome through the whole process. They are a class act business. Ray made it out to my place on Wednesday with the laser in his truck and did a great job setting everything up. I can't say enough about how great Rabbit Laser USA is. Congrats again and happy cutting and engraving. I plan to do a full review on the entire experience in the next few days.
    -Andrew
    Rabbit Laser USA
    RL-40-5030

It said "Insert disk #3", but only two will fit!

Bert & Andrew, congratulations on the new-soon to be new, lasers. Lots of fun to be had.

David, boy does your pre retirement story sound familiar.. Seems to be a lack of succession planning going on all over. I am sure with all this knowledge you will have your laser package picked out & just waiting soon.
    Gwieke 1290-100W,
    Trotec Speedy 400 - 80W
    Corel Draw X4

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Becker View Post
    Bert! Congrats! You and I are in the same boat! I just bought a laser from Rabbit Laser USA this past Monday. Ray and Carol were awesome through the whole process. They are a class act business. Ray made it out to my place on Wednesday with the laser in his truck and did a great job setting everything up. I can't say enough about how great Rabbit Laser USA is. Congrats again and happy cutting and engraving. I plan to do a full review on the entire experience in the next few days.
    Oh Congrats to you too hope you have a lot of fun with it.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Good for you Bert and Andrew,
    Bert, the first few days wait is a killer then it subsides
    Hopefully I'll have mine going in that time frame as well.
    ExLas 130 Watt Reci
    1400mm x 1000mm

Yea I hope so. I found a makerspace about 90 miles from were I am in NH they have an 80 watt rabbit so I'm hoping to go down there at least one day and get some first hand experience on it. Problem is there only open on thursday night from 6 to 9pm thats a 180 miles round trip for 3 hrs at the place and who knows how much time I'd actuality get. Been talking to the trainer down there waiting to see what he says.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander