Thread: Looking for a Miter saw stand, with stop flags

Looking for a Miter saw stand, with stop flags

I'm constantly cutting short boards on my miter saw. Pulling out the measuring tape, and pencil gets real old, real fast. Having a miter saw stand wih Stop Flags that I could simply flip down would be a whole lot faster.

Anyone got a suggestion for a nice miter saw stand with stop flags, that won't break the bank? I don't have time to build one. Would like to buy locally at Menards or Home Depot if someone has any experience with one they sell.

Hmmm, I really thought these miter stands were more popular with you folks....

It really depends on how long your short boards are. Most miter stands have small fences and provide the support for the longer boards. The Menards one has material supports with stops. http://www.menards.com/main/tools-ha...73-c-10164.htm I have never used one. I use the cheaper portermate saw stand and add a board to act as a fence, and put stops on it with pegs or I have seen a hinge used to flip it down in the a location. Dan

I have one from Bosch that I like. It is very easy raise and lower. It has stops; but it depends on how long your short boards are.
    Go Mountianeers

I have the Festool stand ,and extension tables with fence and stops for the Kapex saw. Probably what you meant by break the bank, but it works quite well!

No one has bought up the old saw helper . bought a second one recently on craigslist .i have had mine for years in the field ,hard varied use . it was very expensive till i started using it then the cost was cheap in comparison to what it did for me . have made up a stop system with the kreg set-up https://www.kregtool.com/store/c47/s...trak-stop-kit/ .have an 8 ft in feed table with two stops .one of the stops is definitly not ok -wiggles enough to screw-up cuts . Also fastcap makes a real cool one .http://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/vie...asp?idpage=195 . my figureing has been the mitersaw is only half of it -the other half being the stand . Hope that helps .

Dirk, I purchased the Rigid Home Depot model a few years back and really like it. Probably most folks on this forum setup their miter saw on some type of stationary built in stand. I really like the Rigid because it gives me portability, something that dedicated woodworking shop folks may not need. My Rigid unit holds my Dewalt compound miter in the shop but if need to take it to a jobsite, it will collapse down into a compact package and with two wheels I can roll it to the truck, unload and roll it into the project area. It seems to be the most popular miter stand in this area among trim carpenters. Bought it new at HD on a black Friday for $100. My .02 cents