Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any updates from Leetro with LaserCut5.3?

Getting the machine aligned can take quite sometime initially - sometimes it takes us about an hour or so and is easier with 2 people when there is a large laser bed.
    IMHO I would be sure its in the best alignment before suspecting the bulb, so its been my experience.

Great Chiller & better controller! 6535 is a good controller, shielded from static and takes the corners better. If you can send me photos of your wiring that might help. I have the Leetro schematic but there appears to be a difference between the 6515 & the 6535 and Leetro warns that a certain area if mis-wired can blow the machine.

Rabbit USA has a pdf on alignment if you need a bit more help.

Did you have any cutting time on this machine??

Best,
    Vicki

Vicki,
    I had used Rabbits .pdf but it's gone so need to get it again after I search my PC to be sure it isn't there. Alignment will be is the first step now that the mirrors and lens are cleaned and rails oiled. Going to get new mirrors/lens as these are stained but not so much in the center so should be good for a test.

Was never able to cut a single thing, never, I guess if I ran it long enough it would finally had burned through thin cardboard, like cereal box stuff, forget the pressed cardboard that was tried.

Are you able to see any difference in the pink/purple glow of the tube when say using 20% power over 100%? I never could, always looked the same.
    Seems I recall needing a minimum of 12-15% to get it working, from what I've read that's maybe a bit high but normal.

I'll definitely get those 6536 pics tonight for you.

Ken
    ExLas 130 Watt Reci
    1400mm x 1000mm

Vicki,
    Not likely going to help but you can see where wires are connected but not where they lead to.

Let me know if you think others may be of help.

Ken
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ExLas 130 Watt Reci
    1400mm x 1000mm

Thanks Ken, we will compare to the schematic and see where the problem of possible shorting might be. Andrew keeps warning me that If I do it incorrectly I will short out the laser.

I never run the laser any higher than 80% (the PAD is set permanently at 80% ) - when I am running at varies power settings I really don't see a color variation - just remember that you can't go too low with your power setting otherwise it will not fire at all.

The alignment pdf is still posted at Ray's site. If you can't find it let me know and I'll email it to you.

You have had you hands full! Wish I was closer so I could stop by and help.