Thread: ? good deal or not?

? good deal or not?

I am new to woodworking, been using a bosch 4100 portable table saw I bought from a neighbor, but have found I need to to upgrade. I have a chance to buy a used saw stop 1.75 hrs 30" pro series cabinet saw it is 2 years old and used by hobbyist who has since passed away. It includes wheeled base and blade guard with the built in dust collector. Only problem I see is 4 rust spots on table about the size of a quarter. Lowest they will go is $1600.00 Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank in advance.

I think that saw retails about twice that asking price. If it runs and all parts are there, I would jump on it as small rust spots as easy to clean.

I don't know the price of that SS but the rust is not a problem. Even if it was really bad and left pits in the surface it would generally not affect the operation of the saw. Most of the time it's just surface and a bit of sandpaper will take care of it.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Started it up and seems to run fine, I think the retail is about $2500 including my state tax. It looks like these saws hold their value, couldn't find any used for sale on the net to do a price comparison. Btw thank you for you for your quick response.

Jump on that deal like a duck on a June bug.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.