Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Password update

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    I had an employee that could not get the system to accept his new password. I asked if he had an upper and lower case letter. He said he did. I had him try again, and didn't see him use the shift key, so I asked again if he was using an upper and lower case letter. He again said he was, so I said, "Do you know the difference between upper and lower case?" He said, "Yes- this row (points to top row of letters on keyboard) is upper case, and this one (points to bottom row) is lower case." I guess the others are "middle case!"

You're telling this from a personal experience viewpoint so I have to believe it but, man, that one i hard to swallow. Never underestimate the stupidity of average people, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rimmer View Post
    You're telling this from a personal experience viewpoint so I have to believe it but, man, that one i hard to swallow. Never underestimate the stupidity of average people, I guess.
    I look at it a different way. Having been a computer tech for over 20 years and solving bizarre problems on a daily basis, the one thing I quickly learned is that we all have different skill sets. I couldn't expect a mechanic (who never used a computer at home or at work) to know how to move a mouse around a screen and open programs just the same as he couldn't expect me to know how to change a transmission in the allotted time he did it. I watched a librarian burst into tears because she was overwhelmed with learning a new software program and feeling "stupid", yet she carried a knitting bag during her breaks and created amazing, intricate, doily-like patterns for beds, tables, etc. that very few of us could accomplish.

I've kept this comic at my desk for over 20 years now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."