Thread: Mike Peace as Instructor

Mike Peace as Instructor

Here in Columbia, I had been fighting the flu, a cold and throat infection, so my original plan to attend a class held by Mike Peace at a day before our monthly Palmetto Woodturners' Club meeting seemed in jeopardy. To make matters even more iffy, there were so many people wanting to take the class, that he split it into an all day Thursday and an all day Friday class. I had agreed to go on Thursday. I went, thinking that I would quit in the late morning, but Mike is such a good teacher and his advice was so full of good information that I tarried. Well, I stayed to the end past 5:00 PM. Mike is very well organized, clear and precise. He offered advice on a variety of tools to embellish bowls and spindle work, demonstrated their use and then encouraged us to try them on spindles and bowls. Some of the students came prepared with their own tools, but I just went in cold. The club had the tools, and Mike had blanks, magnets, sanding and cleaning material for us as well. In addition to the manufactured tools, Mike had great advice and the material on how to make a chatter tool which worked fine. He came around our respective lathes and helped those of us who needed it. As a pathetically mediocre turner, I welcomed his help.
    Mike is patient, clear and extremely informative. If your club is looking for a great demonstrator/instructor, I can recommend Mike without any hesitation.

Hilel
    No one has the right to demand aid, but everyone has a moral obligation to provide it-William Godwin

I could not agree with you more.Mike is a true asset to the turning community!
    Thanks for your never ending contributions Michael Peace.

I always enjoy getting together with Mike. He's a good demonstrator and instructor, and a great guy.
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain