Thread: Can't reply in classifieds

Can't reply in classifieds

Hello,
    I was trying to reply to a thread in the classifieds forum but couldn't. Is this because (I think) this is officially my first post? If not, what's the reason?

thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Only contributing members can reply in the Classifieds section (amongst other perks)... $6/yr, click the "Donate" button along the top row of buttons.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    Only contributing members can reply in the Classifieds section (amongst other perks)... $6/yr, click the "Donate" button along the top row of buttons.
    Ah got it, thank you for clearing that up for me Dan.

Not to mention that not many, I included, would pick a non-poster to buy/sell something from/to. I would rather deal with someone that has at least SOME history here.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    Not to mention that not many, I included, would pick a non-poster to buy/sell something from/to. I would rather deal with someone that has at least SOME history here.
    Thanks for that insight Mik, a valuable contribution to this thread. Since you have no idea who I am or what my life is like, let me give you a small glimpse into my world. I'm an active member of LJs and a semi active member on the FOG. It's hard for me to keep up with 3 forums regularly but I still enjoy at least reading SMC so I joined for that purpose. I have a soon to be 3 year old girl with another on the way so my time is precious.

I asked this question not because I was going to make a purchase but because I wanted to support a fellow member at this fine site by letting another fellow member know that posting the same thread title for all his subsequent sales is slightly confusing to the user and that they should put the proper item name in the heading so as not to cause that confusion. You may recall this set of recent threads if you visit the classifieds section often like I do. I guess I was out of line in trying to help ascertain this notion. Crazy me.

Have a wonderful rest of your weekend, friend.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 08-24-2014 at 10:49 AM.

I joined LJ 4 years ago, and have maybe 2 posts there. I would expect someone there to be careful selling to, or buying from me.
    FOG? Never heard of it out of the 30+ forums I'm active on.
    Not having a proper item name in the header isn't exactly a new occurrence. It's happened many times since 2012.

Enjoy
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

FOG = Festool Owners Group
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney