Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Table Saw recommendations

http://www.amazon.com/Shop-Fox-W1819...pfox+table+saw

Why not this, Shopfox is made my Grizzly and seems the be the twin of hte G0690

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Andrew View Post
    You won't go wrong with the Grizzly 1023, it is built in Taiwan, which is where the other premium machines are built. Have heard of no issues with that model. You would probably be fine with the used Unisaw as well, I bought a new one in 05, have had no issues with it. Would think that Amazon gift cards would be almost the same as cash, if buying used.
    I recently bought a G1023RLW. It's a great saw and fantastic value for the money.

That said, breaking down sheet goods is best left to a track saw. I'm looking at the Makita as it seems to be very close the the Festool in quality of cut and easy of use at a significant discount.

Still, I can't imagine not having a table saw.

I agree about the sheet goods. I have the Makita Track Saw and although it's not a Festool, it does a very good job for me. The only drawback is it doesn't have a riving but I have not found that to be any problem. I highly recommend it, especially for the price.
    Earl

$1700 will get you a nice Grizzly cabinet saw. I undestand your currency is Amazon, but with all the used contractor and hybrid saws out there I just couldn't image spending more than $400 on one.

if your just getting started in woodworking, thwt money might be better spent on a box top planer, jointer, router, fences, etc.

like someone else said, a circular saw, aluminum strip, shop made jig will get the sheet down to size. A fine tuned used table saw with a good Bies clone will do the rest.

Id love to have a nice cabinet saw but went with the hybrid 1960s cast iron Sprunger ($250) so I could could pick up the rest of the tools I needed.

When end the time is right I'll pick up a used delta with a better fence system.

for your budget and requirements, i would check out one of the bosch here http://topbestprice.com/top-20-best-...ovement-tools/

if not, the jet, skil and makita are the other choices i will go with (in that order)