Thread: Dyed Maple Hollow Form

Dyed Maple Hollow Form

This maple was very punky (also some bug holes), but I did as best as I could with it. I didn't intend it to be quite so orange but oh well. It is 6 inches high by 4 inches wide, lacquer finish and buffed. C&C welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images

a lot going on in this small vessel. The shape is nice, the wood is striking. i like it
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Great shape and I love the wood. Color is nice to. Did you dye it or what finish did you use?
    Edit - forget that last question if I would have read the title I would know that it is dyed.

Very nice vase, I like it a lot. Lot of interesting figure in that hunk of wood, good shape and form too.
    Tim.
    Seven days without turning makes one weak.

Thanks Michelle, Paul, and Tim. I just sold it to one of my facebook friends.

6. I like this Toby, nice shape, great looking wood, and nicely finished, I can see why it sold right away.

Very very very nice.

Thanks JW, and Dennis. I appreciate the kind words.