Thread: Where to buy CerMark

Blog Entries

Where to buy CerMark

Ok, I want to purchase a bottle of black CerMark. The prices seem all over the place.

http://www.thermark.com/content/view/36/78/
    50 gm paste $62.65
    250 gm paste $164.65

http://www.johnsonplastics.biz/category/M37/1/1/1319
    (no 50gm listed)
    250 gm paste $199.95
    While I know Johnson Plastics is a sponsor, they are $30 higher than just about anywhere else.
    EDIT: NOTE, this is for CerMark LMM-6060 and NOT for the older CerMark LMM-6000. JP only lists the newer LMM-6060 product and Cermark has that product priced higher than the older 6000 product line.

Ebay
    Cermark LMM6000 50 gram Bottle $60.95
    Cermark LMM6000 250 gram Bottle $162.65

LaserBits
    (no 50gm listed)
    CerMark LMM-6000 250g $129.95

I was looking at the 50g to get started with. I may opt for the 25g at LaserBits unless someone has a better (cheaper) place to order it from.

And, LaserBits seems to be the ONLY place I can find reference to the white and copper colored CerMark.
    http://www.laserbits.com/cermark-pro...on-colors.html
    Ferro nor Thermark.com mention the other two colors nor any other site I can google up. Weird huh? And its irritating they only sell 100g and 240g bottles of the white/copper. And its $300 for 250g. Jesus. Sure seems fishy with the price so high and the manufacturer's site doesn't even list the product. Is LaserBits legit?

The cost between black and white is substantial...for 250g bottles, each list 2500 sqIn coverage (gut tells me thats an exaggeration)..
    Black: $0.05/sqIn
    White:$0.12/sqIn

Thats 2.5x more expensive. And they say it can't be brushed on. Hmph.

So, anyone have a good place to purchase Cermark at reasonable prices. And does anyone have experience with the white?
    Last edited by Mike Audleman; 08-08-2014 at 4:36 PM.
    [SIZE=1]Generic Chinese 50w 300x500
    Lulzbot TAZ 5 3D Printer

Corel X7, Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4
    Modo, Bryce, Poser

If You Can Read, Thank A Teacher. If You Can Read It In English, Thank A Veteran
    That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. - Manny from Ice Age

Call all of the vendors and ask for a TOTAL price including shipping and any hazmat charges. You will find there is a big difference between the various vendors and, in my experience, LaserBits was the highest and least likely to tell you about the shipping charge... Check JDS, their prices are very competitive and they will likely have a warehouse that is closer than anyone else.

Blog Entries
    Wes PM'd me and noted that I had missed something in this comparison. JP does not carry LMM6000, only the LMM6060 which is more expensive than the older 6000 product. When I looked at 6060 vs 6060, JP was in the hunt and very competitive in price points.

So I was not comparing apples to apples here, and for that mistake I would like to apologize to JP/Wes for misstating where they stand in relation to others on these products for price points.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    Call all of the vendors and ask for a TOTAL price including shipping and any hazmat charges. You will find there is a big difference between the various vendors and, in my experience, LaserBits was the highest and least likely to tell you about the shipping charge... Check JDS, their prices are very competitive and they will likely have a warehouse that is closer than anyone else.
    As a home hobbyiest I don't believe I am able to order from JDS. They state on their home page they only sell to businesses. So unless I can finagle my way into an account there, its out of the hunt.
    Lulzbot TAZ 5 3D Printer

Modo, Bryce, Poser

If You Can Read, Thank A Teacher. If You Can Read It In English, Thank A Veteran

I odered from laser jump start. Used regularground and the prodcut arrived in 2 days

LMM6000 and LMM6060 are not the same product. If you want to do stainless steel stick with the 6000. It works well and can be diluted almost 10 to 1 with dna.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    LMM6000 and LMM6060 are not the same product. If you want to do stainless steel stick with the 6000. It works well and can be diluted almost 10 to 1 with dna.
    Going out on a limb...dna == denatured alcohol?
    Lulzbot TAZ 5 3D Printer

Modo, Bryce, Poser

You get an "A".
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Any place where their product price ends in .95¢ you know your getting a good deal
    "What ever the market will bear" is a manufacturing creed today.
    ExLas 130 Watt Reci
    1400mm x 1000mm