Thread: Trotec Speedy 300 Y Offset adjust.

Trotec Speedy 300 Y Offset adjust.

Hi to All,

Our Speedy 300 is out on the Y offset, it sits 1mm down from the top of the bed, X is ok.

1: The vector bed is in position correctly.
    2: The position in job control is X 0, and Y 0.

I'm not connected to the machine at the moment (at home)...
    When I go into service Settings / Offset, the options are greyed out, so I can't adjust them.
    (I can't remember if they were greyed out when I was at work / connected to the laser).

Can I adjust the offset when connected to the laser, or is it a Trotec Technician limited setting ?

I am assuming I can adjust it ?

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,
    Chris
    HARDWARE - Macbook Retina Pro - Toshiba Satellite - Epilog Helix 60W Co2 Laser & Rotary - Trotec Speedy 300 Co2 Laser - Gravo IS400 IQ Engraver. - Pcut CTO630 Vinyl Cutter. - Wacom DTF720 Touch / Trace Screen - GKS DC16 Sublimation Press - Chinese 6040 CNC Router
    SOFTWARE - VMware Fusion / Windows 8.1 - Coreldraw X6 - Trotec Job Control 9.4.4.2 - E-cut - Gravostyle 7 - ULS 1Touch Photo - BizzWizz Invoicing / Stock Control / Ledger - VB6 Pro - Mach3 - V-Carve Desktop

It requires a password to access. I need to adjust mine too, the engineer showed me shortcut to unlock those settings without the password but I either forgot what it was or it won't work on my my new PC until it been unlocked with the password.
    Trotec Speed 400 120W | JobControl 10.6 | Atmos Duo | Adobe Illustrator CC | CorelDraw X8

FYI, I think the password on my old Trotec is "name" (without the quotes, all lower case)
    Trotec 25W Laser, ShopBot PRT Alpha 48 x96 CNC, Roland Vinyl Cutter, Compucarve CNC, Ricoh GXe7700s Dye-sub printer, Hotronix Clamshell Heat Press, Pad Printing Equip, all normal woodworking and electrical tools.

all good thank you lads...

support from supplier tech over phone...

power machine on.

focus then set pointer to top left corner exactly.

Once machine was connected, just pressed ctrl - alt - s

then select offset

then click 'get present offsets' and apply.

cheers,
    Chris
    HARDWARE - Macbook Retina Pro - Toshiba Satellite - Epilog Helix 60W Co2 Laser & Rotary - Trotec Speedy 300 Co2 Laser - Gravo IS400 IQ Engraver. - Pcut CTO630 Vinyl Cutter. - Wacom DTF720 Touch / Trace Screen - GKS DC16 Sublimation Press - Chinese 6040 CNC Router
    SOFTWARE - VMware Fusion / Windows 8.1 - Coreldraw X6 - Trotec Job Control 9.4.4.2 - E-cut - Gravostyle 7 - ULS 1Touch Photo - BizzWizz Invoicing / Stock Control / Ledger - VB6 Pro - Mach3 - V-Carve Desktop

Crtl - Alt - S doesn't appear to work on mine, but I'm guessing it's because nobody has entered a password on this machine before.
    Trotec Speed 400 120W | JobControl 10.6 | Atmos Duo | Adobe Illustrator CC | CorelDraw X8

Dan it only worked when I established a connection with the machine...

I don't know about the access password, and it was only installed a few days ago, I'm the only one to use it.

Without the shortcut key press, its...
    SETTINGS - OPTIONS - SERVICE - SERVICE SETTINGS - OFFSET

But as said, its greyed out if you aren't 'connected' to the machine.

Hope it works for you too...

Cheers,
    Chris

Actually I've realised what the problem is, Crtl - Alt- S brings up the PC's serial codes, obviously it's not a key sequence getting to Job Control because there's something else assigned to it!

Quick search for 'Disable Crtl - Alt- S', change it to Crtl - Alt - Z, and I've now got access to the service settings.
    Last edited by Dan Kozakewycz; 08-11-2014 at 2:56 PM.

Am starting to like this Trotec Job Control software, (once you get your head around it), its pretty cool for quick positioning and layout etc, has some really nice features.