Thread: Kreg style assembly/outfeed table

Kreg style assembly/outfeed table

I have been looking at Rocklers new T-track assembly table, as well as the Kreg assembly table. I am going to build a new outfeed table for the TS, and plan to incorporate one of the systems into it. After much thought, I have decided the Kreg system would be the best for me, using their HD aluminum track on two sides.

I have just taken apart a very large desk made of part board/melamine, which gave me several slabs 1" thick, which I will probably double giving me a 2" top, which I will put formica on. I happen to have a bunch of Delta grey formica.

I've been to YouTube, and the Kreg site, looking at various shop made tables, and thought I would ask here to see if any Creekers have made something like this, and would like to share. I don't want to miss any good ideas.

Here is what I have so far: It will be about 30" X 48", which is just a bit bigger than my current outfeed table, and will serve better as an assembly table for cabinetry. It will be a cabinet type, with drawers to hold all my Kreg stuff, and whatever. It will be on maybe 4" locking wheels, and be the height of my TS (37 1/2"). No miter slots, as I rarely use the saw for cross cutting, and will simply roll the table back when I need to. As mentioned above, Kreg track on one long side, and one short side. Maybe a plate or two in the center area for bench clamps? Any value in putting a T-track or two down the middle?

So, any suggestions would be appreciated, and considered. Pictures would be even better.

Thanks folks,

Rick Potter

I have a similar plan to yours... rolling cart, same height as saw for out feed, drawers for storage, casters, etc.

I have built the table top, but have not yet built the cabinet. (Right now I use it for assembly by mounting it on my Workmate.)

Mine is 36" x 28", with a melamine top mounted to 3/4" ply. I have the Kreg track on the front and right side, and two Kreg plates mounted about 2/3 of the way back and roughly 1/3 in from each side.

Between the tracks and the plates, I can clamp nearly anywhere on the surface, using either the short or the long Kreg clamps (I have several of each).

This makes face frame construction very, very easy.

I know; no pictures, didn't happen... but life got in the way in between the assembly table top construction & the rest of the project.

Good Luck with yours!
    Last edited by John M Wilson; 08-12-2014 at 9:33 PM. Reason: clarity

I am bumping this back up.

Come on guys, there has to be some home made Kreg tables out there. Please share. John can't be the only one building one.

Rick P

Well,I don't know if it's worth responding as it's a little different than your OP question but here goes.........

We can use a FF(face frame)clamp table,irrespective of Kreg joints.The issue for us is it needs to not take up any space,so it's going vertical.Am thinking of having a wall mounted track system where the clamp station hangs,out of the way.To prepare for use,it'll move up an inch or so....which will "unlock" it,then the bttm of the clamp table comes out from the wall.The upper edge stays engaged with the track.....then we will have different pre-set angle positions for it to lock back into.Mostly welded steel construction,with pneumatic hold-downs riding on threaded(or not?) rough adjusters.

But that's what we need.......it sounds like you've planned out what will be an asset for your shop,best of luck.

There's been a few Kreg tables I've seen--see Matt Meiser's here (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...highlight=kreg) and Joseph Shield's here (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...41#post1017441). They aren't outfeed tables, but you can see what others have done with the Kreg set up. I kept these threads bookmarked, but haven't gotten around to building one yet...

I made an assembly table with 3/4" plywood, Woodpeckers X-mat for the field, and Kreg rails to either side. I clamp it to a Workmate for assembly, but like the idea of using it for outfeed too, and may someday incorporate it into something like that.

DocAssemby table.jpg
    Last edited by Greg Hines, MD; 08-18-2014 at 3:11 PM.
    As Cort would say: Fools are the only folk on the earth who can absolutely count on getting what they deserve.