Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    You can have Prime for free for a year, just cancel it at 364 days and you're not charged.
    It's up to $100 per year now I think, but I know a lot of people who have it and think it's well worth it.
    I think the free period is only 30 days. I recently had a need for a 2 day shipping option from them but didn't want to spend the extra $ over the standard free shipping, so I signed up for the 30 day trial, I will probably cancel before the 30 days are up, but in the mean time I am enjoying the streaming video option. They seem to offer a little different set of content, like quite a few HBO shows and also original content. I think some kindle books are also included as well. If I see we use it more than I think I may just keep it though. I must say that 2 day shipping is pretty nice.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

You can probably find the quick connects as a buy it now option on ebay. We do a lot of the "Subscribe & Save" on Amazon but never considered Prime. My wife refuses to stream video, says we would quit watching our collection.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

Blog Entries
    I (try to) keep a long Wish List on Amazon... inexpensive items that help round out orders that don't quite make the price mark for free shipping. It was really useful before SWMBO purchased Prime, but I still throw items in the list from time to time... I pick through it and add a fun item or two when I purchase something larger. Drill bits, books, CDs, etc.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I love their greatest new idea we live about 80 miles south of Dallas and UPS delivery goes form Dallas to Palestine and then on the delivery truck. A lot of the stuff we order comes from their Dallas distribution center. Their newest and greatest idea for Prime 2 day shipping is to ship the package on UPS which goes to Palestine and then have UPS give it to the Post Office who then ships the package back to Dallas and then to our local Post Office for delivery. If they just actually had UPS deliver the package it would actually get here in one day. For those of you who are into the green thing they have also managed to add an extra 100 miles of travel for the package.

Blog Entries
    Easy solution to the problem. I needed a couple of saw blades anyway so I just added the quick connect to that order.

A few months ago, I posted about getting stuff from Amazon that came directly from China. Since then, I have been a lot more careful when I look at items because when shopping on Amazon, I tend to believe in my mind that it will be a fairly quick transaction.

A month ago (to the day), I ordered 4 jeweler's loupes, 60X with an LED in them. It said "Free Shipping" and it said it came from some Amazon partner. By the name, it looked normal to me.

A day later, I get a "your order has shipped notice" and the estimated delivery day was 3-7 weeks. Crud. Had I known that, I wouldn't have ordered them. No need to cancel them, they're on the way, I guess.

So a month goes by, the order shows up today and it's something completely different than I ordered. Instead of 60x LED jewelers loupes, they sent 4 pair of 3x LED glasses.

Freakin' wonderful.

Now, to dispute it, I have to package it back up, go to the post office, and mail it back to China, at my expense, which I can promise you is more than they paid to send it to me.

It took me twice, but I've learned my lesson now. If it comes from ANYONE other than Amazon, I need to dig into that companies Amazon store and see the shipping policies. If it says "USA 3-8 weeks", then I'll just delete it from my cart.

VERY FRUSTRATING.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I would complain to Amazon about the issue with wrong item. Amazon will probably just refund your money without requiring a return to the seller. Amazon will just deduct the cost from the seller's next sale. The items are probably so cheap the seller would probably just refund your money without requiring a return.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    A few months ago, I posted about getting stuff from Amazon that came directly from China. Since then, I have been a lot more careful when I look at items because when shopping on Amazon, I tend to believe in my mind that it will be a fairly quick transaction.

A month ago (to the day), I ordered 4 jeweler's loupes, 60X with an LED in them. It said "Free Shipping" and it said it came from some Amazon partner. By the name, it looked normal to me.

A day later, I get a "your order has shipped notice" and the estimated delivery day was 3-7 weeks. Crud. Had I known that, I wouldn't have ordered them. No need to cancel them, they're on the way, I guess.

So a month goes by, the order shows up today and it's something completely different than I ordered. Instead of 60x LED jewelers loupes, they sent 4 pair of 3x LED glasses.

Freakin' wonderful.

Now, to dispute it, I have to package it back up, go to the post office, and mail it back to China, at my expense, which I can promise you is more than they paid to send it to me.

It took me twice, but I've learned my lesson now. If it comes from ANYONE other than Amazon, I need to dig into that companies Amazon store and see the shipping policies. If it says "USA 3-8 weeks", then I'll just delete it from my cart.

VERY FRUSTRATING.
    I only order items that are sold and shipped by amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post

Freakin' wonderful.

VERY FRUSTRATING.
    I have had reasonably good luck with cheap items shipped from China through Amazon. If you just want a spare mini-usb cable and don't mind the wait, they are often available for $1-2 with free shipping. Small items usually show up in about 10 days. The quality is as expected for the price.

Steve

Steve

echo what Brian said--

A month or so ago my BIL ordered a tape dispenser like mine, when it arrived we found the bottom was warped, to the point it wouldn't sit flat on a table. Otherwise it was fine. He got on amazon and complained, the seller emailed him within an hour and told him is CC had been credited, and to just keep the dispenser. We taped some scrap pieces of Rowmark in the corners and it works fine--

And I ordered a set of Chums, got the wrong ones, same thing happened, got a refund and kept the wrong ones.

Still, it is frustrating to get the wrong stuff, but Amazon and their sellers usually try to ease the pain...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I ordered a complete brake set for my truck and it showed up with shredded packing, cosmetic damage, and some small missing parts. I chatted with someone and told them it was their problem, come with boxes to get them. They wanted me to go buy packaging and they'd reimburse me for the materials and $20 for my time. I said no thanks, better things to do for $20. Guy came back and said he put a credit though and just keep, donate, or discard the rest.