Thread: Recommendations for selling pre-owned tool?

Recommendations for selling pre-owned tool?

I plan to sell some equipment in the next few weeks and buy some other pieces.....is eBay or Craigslist the best way or do other avenues produce better results?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 08-14-2014 at 8:28 PM.

If you can ship them then the classified forum here is the best venue and if you lower the price a little you help out fellow creekers. Or addict them worse, not sure which. If they are too big to ship, Craigslist is your best bet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

Just note that you have to be a contributor to list in the classified here. Only $6 though. Cheap for all you get.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    ...........Only $6 though...........

Mike
    Mike - whazzat - 2 pcs of Official Festool ROS sandpaper?

When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

If you are willing to ship, ebay or FOG is best. CL is easier, but unless you get really lucky you will get much less for it.

People here will know what they're buying.

On Ebay, you're at the mercy of byzantine rules regarding returns.
    DAMHIKT

Depends what you're selling. You have a much wider buyers pool if you can ship it since you can post on the numerous ww'ing forums, eBay, etc. Larger machines and hard to ship I'd use CL, and post to a couple surrounding cities since ww'ers tend to travel for a good deal on a good machine.