Thread: Commercial bar finish

Commercial bar finish

I need to refinish a classic Art Deco bar in a restaurant that I bought. It's about 20 feet long . I have refinished many pieces of furniture and used Pratt and lambert # 38. However I'm not sure this would be good for a bar. I need suggestions on what to use. And I don't have a sprayer But I would consider buying one if that would make it easier. Although I'd have to cover everything around it. I need any suggestions you May have

What does it look like now? Is the existing finish still intact? A picture would help us, help you.

P&L is a good varnish. You may want to check into some of the KCMA certified finishes.
    Scott

Finishing is an 'Art & a Science'. Actually, it is a process. You must understand the properties and tendencies of the finish you are using. You must know the proper steps and techniques, then you must execute them properly.

It looks like the bar top is not wood. Is that correct?

Need to see the wood that needs to be refinished. From a couple of feet away. Is it the front part that needs refinishing or the top?

If it's the front; at customers knees, then P&L #38 will be fine.
    Scott

Finishing is an 'Art & a Science'. Actually, it is a process. You must understand the properties and tendencies of the finish you are using. You must know the proper steps and techniques, then you must execute them properly.

no the bar top is wood that is just a metal band

both the top and the front of the bar, I've read about a conversion varnish for the top or a 2 part epoxy. Will P&L# 38 hold up to lots of abuse on the front of the bar from the top to the floor?