Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breadboard Ends...

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Burrell View Post
    The only other thing that concerns me is the thought of the top expanding/contracting to where the end is longer the right size.

You know...in the summer it will look like I made it too short...and in the winter, like it was too long.
    Umm.........Harold, my man............

You have a problem with what humidity does to wood, eh?

You sure you are in the right forum? Steel don't move, dude............ Nor does MDF, carbon-fiber, cement,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Tree-based solid-sawn material does move. Yo cannot stop it. you can only plan for it.............

Actually a selling point - educate the clients, so that they can brag to their guests. That is what I did with a QSWO dining room breadboard-end table. Sucker moves 1/4"+. Actually pretty impressive.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    Yes, you are right - this would make it much simpler and easier to manage. I missed that in the earlier posting was just thinking about the added thickness
    I'm on the fence about that.

Dan is making Farm style tables, and the illusion of heft helps them sell.

I just make things that I will use.

If this really works, I hope to submit the tip to the woodworking mags.
    Any windfall will go to the cost of cleaning up Dan's offcuts and sawdust gathered
    in bags around the back of his shop.

Yankees can be cheap about paying dump fees.