Thread: Cool turn

Cool turn

Last year through this forum (and another,) a member opened up his shop to a bunch of fellow forum members and woodworking junkies to chew the fat, share ideas and ultimately get to know other forum members. Hesitantly, I decided to join in (as this would be a fair commitment to me and my family to take off for the weekend, as it was about a four hour Drive then me returning the next day,) to meet a complete stranger (and two dozen other strangers) and to hang out at his shop for the day evening and return home the next day. I thought it would be good etiquette to show up with the gift. Not just any simple gift. Something that was handmade and would be appreciated. This is what I came up with. Jack I hope you liked it. Thanks for the get together, and hopefully many more. I wish you all the best on the GCRJF in future years. I will continue to, try to come. It was a great times and you have a great shop. Here's a little video of my turning project for a gift to Jack for hosting such a cool event.

Very interesting process and a nice result!

I've always wondered how that was done. Very nice ring. Thanks for sharing.

Excellent video! Opens up all sorts of possibilities if you don't have titanium bar stock (which I don't). May try your technique with aluminum or brass.
    Again, nice job.
    "When the horse is dead, GET OFF."

Not a metallurgist by any means, but had no idea that Ti was that malleable.
    Great tutorial and finished product.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.