Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Jigsaw Question - Bosch

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W Pugh View Post
    Thinking of upgrading my pathetic jigsaw. Been looking at a Bosch JS572EL or JS572EBL. I haven't tried a barrel grip, but it looks like it would have better control and stability.

Any comments on this model? Positive or negative?

Has anyone seen this as a problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Girouard View Post
    I wouldn't own a jig saw that wasn't variable speed, trigger actuated.
    I've used a few Bosch Barrel grips , they are clumsy to turn on and off, I didn't like them at all.
    They where still better than any other brand I've used, but why limit ones self to one speed while making a cut?

You can engage the stock carefully at low RPM's , get a nice clean smooth start into the cut , then speed up thru the easy going parts of the cut, but be able slow down at the turns , curves , thin near the edge areas , etc.

Would you buy a car that you couldn't vary the speed on while driving it?

Does that make me a no body, due to not being a "anyone"?

To each their own I guess.
    This should be a edited to add but I couldn't drag the other two posts along.

Mark asked for "comments? Positive or negative?" I gave my opinion based on 30 years , give or take as a professional carpenter.

My work generally speaks for itself , but on a Internet forum what you've done is seldom visible, lets adjust that some what.

All done with a Bosch 1591 variable speed, trigger activated jig saw in some shape or form.

Very nice Paul, and your comments do make a lot of sense to me. Thanks.

Thanks. Cordless I don't need, everything in the shop. Explain new Bosch blades. Are there different series, is one series better than another, what do you specifically use?

Thanks
    In blue - my question too. What are you guys using that impresses you?
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Explain new Bosch blades. Are there different series, is one series better than another, what do you specifically use?

Thanks
    I use the Bosch T308B in a cordless Makita that uses the same battery as my drill motors.
    This makes very clean cuts in sheet goods, with little tear out on the top face (feed rate is important).

It's one of the longer, thicker blades which gives about 3.5" working cut depth.

That's deep enough to rough crosscut much of my raw lumber before milling.

While I will still fit joinery with mostly handtools, this blade behaves like a portable bandsaw.

FYI - I have used the Bosch T111c blade, and other finer blades but find that they dull quickly
    in my applications. The heavier T308B is wickedly sharp and cuts straight.

While they're not cheap, they may cut faster than what you're using in your current motor.

Bosch T-Shank Jig Saw Blades (EN) r46315v33.png

Please see my reply to Mark, above.

Bosch T-Shank Jig Saw Blades (EN) r46315v33.png

I had used a few barrel grip Bosch saws years ago and hated them because you needed a long skinny common screw driver to change out the blades. I borrowed a newer one from a friend that did not require any tools to change the blade. I returned the saw to him and purchased a JS470EB Bosch for $150 on line. It has a great blade changing system and I like this saw. The simple blade changing is a great surprise. Another surprise, to me, was that this great new saw is very heavy! (Not a plus)
    No PHD, but I have a DD 214

Wow. I particularly like the "fish bench" which is much better than it had to be made.

Kudos