Thread: Industry Standard Trim/Casing Profiles

Industry Standard Trim/Casing Profiles

I have been trying to match the trim around a couple of doors in my 1940s house. The profile matches very closely what some websites are calling Standard #445 (drawing attached) except that in my case, the major dimension is 2-11/16" not 3-1/4". Is there a slightly narrower variation of #445 that has its own number?
    Attached Images Attached Images

There still are molding makers, who make their own profiles as well as standards. For instance, in San Francisco, http://www.sfvictoriana.com/ .

You should fill in your profile, so your location appears in the corner of your post.

I don't think you will find that casing in 2 11/16, could have it made thought.

Agree with others, look for a shop to do a custom setup. Beronio's in San Francisco is another company that will do custom moulding matching...I got some pricing from them years ago...don't recall exact amount but it wasn't teribbly expensive, a one time set up charge then by the foot (we were considering matching existing casing in a 1904 Edwardian home remodel....then decided to tear out and install all new Windsor casings instead).
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Well, one of the major manufacturers of that stuff never makes two runs the same and nobody notices unless they have to
    butt it with circular trim. That profile is so flat and generic that I would not invest much in it.

These guys have some thing close ,

Google Smoot Lumber and look at their molding catalog. What you have sounds like their profile SM-82.