Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: no power

If the drill with the weak battery is NiMH or NiCad, are you interested in have it rebuilt? I had a couple Porter-Cable 14.4 volt batteries rebuilt by MTO battery. They were superior to the originals. In fact I loaned that drill and batteries to a relative probably 5 years ago. I recently got it back. They didn't touch it the whole time they had it and there was still a tiny bit of charge left in one battery. I put them on the charger and both take a charge. I haven't used that drill, have a better Bosch but in that case the rebuild was worthwhile, even if the cost were equivalent to a new OEM battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    If the drill with the weak battery is NiMH or NiCad, are you interested in have it rebuilt? I had a couple Porter-Cable 14.4 volt batteries rebuilt by MTO battery. They were superior to the originals. In fact I loaned that drill and batteries to a relative probably 5 years ago. I recently got it back. They didn't touch it the whole time they had it and there was still a tiny bit of charge left in one battery. I put them on the charger and both take a charge. I haven't used that drill, have a better Bosch but in that case the rebuild was worthwhile, even if the cost were equivalent to a new OEM battery.
    yes for one good reason, this drill will smash your hand if you try to use it in a corner, very powerful drill