Thread: Brainstorming design for footboard/rails to match this headboard I made

Brainstorming design for footboard/rails to match this headboard I made

Hey all,

I made this headboard as a wedding present and I'm starting to think about the inevitable footboard/rails addition. I'd like to stick with the same material (Ash) and finish. My initial thought is to replicate the frames, panels, and top curve on a smaller scale for the footboard. This is in the early stages of design so I figured I would open it up and see what you folks think would complement the existing headboard nicely.

Thanks for looking!

48nvIXk.jpg

For the foot board I would just make a shorter version of the head board. Some folks might go with a flat top on the foot board and that would also work. I'd leave the initial off, though. As for the rails, make them from the same wood but simple and straight. No need to get really fancy with them because they'll likely be covered by the bedding.

If you're up for it, I would think replicating the monogram in the foot board would look good. I would make all the features the same, just shorter.

I did use a CNC for the headboard monogram, but I don't have access anymore. I don't think I'm at the point that I could make it look good enough by hand at this point.

At this point I'm starting to think I should have made it king size...