Thread: My drill press table

My drill press table

Built the table this spring, but it sat unfinished until now, as I've been spending most of my time outside lately. It has replaceable sacrificial blocks under the bit, which can be removed for drum sanding work. The two additional routed slots accept the fence for my mortising attachment, so there's really no need for me to ever remove this table.

I plan to make a taller fence, with a slot for and adjustable stop. I figure the low profile version is a good default though, and it was easy so that's what I made first.

May post some pics later with the mortiser and drum sanding attachments chucked in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good looking table. I built something very similar with two small drawers below. It's one of those things that made we wonder why I waited so long.

So as promised, here are a couple pics of my other setups. The table actually gives me more throat depth for the mortising attachment, and I can even slide the entire table all the way back to the column if I need to.

I don't yet have the space or the finances for anything fancier. Im really just getting started, so this is a multi function machine for me. Gotta get my $250 bucks worth!

image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like it will do the job, that was one of the first things I did in my shop and it was well worth the work.
    I did make my inserts round and not square, you get more clean area.

5. Nice clean looking table!! Good job!

Everyone should have a drill press table. It adds so much and will one of your favorite additions in the time ahead. The higher fence will help for many things.

Looks great! Something on the to do list. Is that a corded telephone on the wall I'm barely old enough to remember when everybody had those things..... which really wan't that long ago lol.
    Only one life will soon be past
    Only whats done for Christ will last