Thread: Alder table

Alder table

Thought i would share a simple Table i made last week.I usually dont made furniture during the summer,gates and more gate are usually what i get during the summer.So i got asked if i can make a table quick for next week.I said thats all i ever do.6ft long 30 tall 28wide.With general finish.Havent had Alder in my shop for sometime and forgot how nice i can been.Or some call it poor mans cherry.Hehe . Thanks for looking Aj
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Andrew Hughes; 08-19-2014 at 9:31 PM.

Fine looking table. Wish Alder was available around this part of the country; I would be tempted to use it in some projects. Nice looking jointer in the background also.

Very nice table. It should be around for a long time.

Nice table, actually Alder does quite a bit like Cherry in the picture, I don't imagine Alder darkens like Cherry? By the way that is one nice looking Oliver 166-bd in the background

Thanks guys and Oliver thanks you for the nod.I didn't know Alder wasn't available for everyone.Sorry to hear that Mike.Robert has it right looks a lot like cherry and I bet is passed off as if.It also doent darken very much at all.The best part is the cut offs go in smoker the parts out a nice mellow flavor on ribs.

Blog Entries
    I'd always heard Alder call Poor-Man's-Birch due the similarity of color and figure but, your beautiful table does echo of cherry ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hughes View Post
    The best part is the cut offs go in smoker the parts out a nice mellow flavor on ribs.
    Kind of embarrassed to say, that my only exposure to Alder is actually using it smoking Salmon, as you say give a nice mellow flavor to Salmon also..