Thread: another dash project

another dash project

this one is for about a 71 Morgan body sitting on a 2002 Honda Z2000 chassis and driveline. just at the mock-up stage made from baltic birch. finished dash will be of french walnut
    [IMG][/IMG]
    ron
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 08-20-2014 at 7:32 PM.

You can put that on the ferry and drop in Mount Vernon when you are done. Looks like a good start. -Derek

the dash or the car?
    finished with the tweeking today. had to move the hole for the steering column down 3/32" and mount the guages to see what it looked like. start with the walnut tomorrow
    I am told that tthe guages were $2,000,00
    [IMG][/IMG]
    ron

Looks good. $2K for the gauges that is rich.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I wanna see the engine compartment - you jammed a Honda S2K under a Morgan body? You are gonna have one screaming car there.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    I wanna see the engine compartment - you jammed a Honda S2K under a Morgan body? You are gonna have one screaming car there.
    I am only making the dash board for a custom shop who is building the car for a customer. they tell me that 4 cyl puts out about 245 hp
    I will have pics of the car when it is all together
    ron

Quote Originally Posted by ron david View Post
    I am only making the dash board for a custom shop who is building the car for a customer. they tell me that 4 cyl puts out about 245 hp
    I will have pics of the car when it is all together
    ron
    Yep - that's about right - with a redline at 8,000. Until someone bolts on a blower or a turbo............

Look fwd to seeing photos of your finished work when available.

And the finished car also - complete with engine bay.....
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Blog Entries
    Actually the 2003 and before S2000's, had 240+ hp and a redline to 9000. It was a great track car. If they can get a rigid chassis, the S2Morgan would be a beast. An acquaintance of mine dropped a blower in a 2001 S2K, after upgrading the tranny, clutch, and differential, it was almost drivable. Just really too touchy for anything but the track.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Pixley View Post
    Actually the 2003 and before S2000's, had 240+ hp and a redline to 9000. It was a great track car. If they can get a rigid chassis, the S2Morgan would be a beast. An acquaintance of mine dropped a blower in a 2001 S2K, after upgrading the tranny, clutch, and differential, it was almost drivable. Just really too touchy for anything but the track.
    here is the eng compartment
    the wheels are getting made for it also
    the rocker cover had a Morgan insignia made for it
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    ron
    Last edited by ron david; 08-26-2014 at 5:55 PM.

here are some more photos of the dash, but not installed yet . it will be finally installed tonight(it has been fitted). the car will be running on Sunday morn as it will be going into a British auto show here in Victoria.. the wheels were also custom made as was the rocker cover so that it says Morgan instead of Honda

there will be more as when it is all assembled
    ron

Blog Entries
    Nice! I can't wait to see the completed version.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

here are the last pictures as the dash is in the car. there is a bit still to be done

ron

Terrific, Ron!! Gorgeous work on the dash.

Thanks or the shots of the engine compartment. That is going to be one screamer of a car.

I have enjoyed watching this one develop. Just amazing.

well a month has gone by and it hasn't fallen out yet ( I didn't install it).I did make it fit where it was to go and they installed the screws. looks like it has darkened up a little

the carpet on the tunnel gets fixed now
    ron