Thread: 6-8" Faceplate for PM 3520B

6-8" Faceplate for PM 3520B

I want to get a 6" to 8" faceplate for my PM 3520B. Suggestions?

Looks like OneWay makes one that will fit. Or maybe one from Grizzly?

craft supplies have oneway faceplates in that size ------ 1-800-551-8876
    #104-642 for 6" tell them 1 1/4"-8TPI
    #104-643 for 8" tell them 1 1/4"-8TPI

Blog Entries
    Don Pencil ? if he is still around has some fine aul faceplates and shipped nex day.

Quote Originally Posted by john taliaferro View Post
    Don Pencil ? if he is still around has some fine aul faceplates and shipped nex day.
    Hard to tell from his website, which looks like it hasn't been updated in awhile. It shows his largest faceplate for 1 1/4" spindle being 3 1/2", which is smaller than even the largest one that EWT sells (4 1/2" for 1 1/4" spindle).

I have a 6" Oneway faceplate. They are great for doing heavier items. Would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Marty,
    Here is a link for an inexpensive steel 6" face plate. http://www.kmstools.com/maxwood-6-di...4-x-8-tpi-9234 I'm not sure about shipping costs. Hope your having fun with the new toys.
    Regards, Ken

Become a Contributor at SMC and keep this great source of Knowledge and help from becoming only a memory.

I have a 6 inch OneWay faceplate for use with my 3520b and believe it is worth every penny. I use the inner circle of 6 screw holes on smaller items and the outer circle with more screw holes on larger items, very handy. It is very solid and the machining and powder-coat finish are both excellent. Easy to mount even when screwed to very heavy items due to how spindle threads are machined.

Check out ebay. I bought an 8" Powermatic FP a few months ago for about $40. It had a 1-1/2-8 thread so I bought an adapter for an additional $10.

Mike

Hi Marty,
    I bought an 8" Oneway face plate for a 35" turning and it was definitely up to the task.
    My one complaint is that the 1 1/4" threads were very poorly machined. I had to use a Beal spindle tap to make them usable.
    Just cut off the parts that don't look like a bowl...

I bought the Carter 6" Face-Off for my machine.

I just gave away 2 you could have had. Anything larger than 3" never gets used around here. I do a lot of vases and hollowforms that come to a small base. Be sure you need one before you buy.

Thanks for all the advice. I ended up ordering a 6" OneWay faceplate and will let you know how it works out.