Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: the brightest shop flourescent lights?

This is what I have in my shop.

http://www.e-conolight.com/shop-by-p...&580=55&577=49

They are hung at 13', and it is possible to shoot professional quality (TV studio) video without additional lighting.

They are a little bright when first turned on, but once my eyes get used to them, it's not a problem. I chose the 3500K temperature because it is also what we have in our house, so color decisions at the shop match the appearance at home.

K

Edit: I forgot to say: I have 10 of them in a 1,400 sq. ft. space.

Anyone know of a decent 3 x 4' t5 low bay fixture that won't break the bank. We just moved to a new office at work and they put in some really nice 3 bulb fixtures. I really like them since they are wired up with an A and B switches you can select how bright you want it in there. 1, 2 or All 3 bulbs. Since my garage is my shop it would be nice to have a similar setup except I think those fixtures were like $300+ each.

See link above. Best prices and custom configured as you want them. They are owned by Cree, and all of their stuff is 100% professional grade and made/assembled in USA.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nathanson View Post
    This is what I have in my shop.

http://www.e-conolight.com/shop-by-p...&580=55&577=49

They are hung at 13', and it is possible to shoot professional quality (TV studio) video without additional lighting.

They are a little bright when first turned on, but once my eyes get used to them, it's not a problem. I chose the 3500K temperature because it is also what we have in our house, so color decisions at the shop match the appearance at home.

K

Edit: I forgot to say: I have 10 of them in a 1,400 sq. ft. space.
    Good link - I priced them the way I would want them and the 6 bulb fixture is about $20 more than the HD 4 bulb fixture.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Fairbanks View Post
    Anyone know of a decent 3 x 4' t5 low bay fixture that won't break the bank. We just moved to a new office at work and they put in some really nice 3 bulb fixtures. I really like them since they are wired up with an A and B switches you can select how bright you want it in there. 1, 2 or All 3 bulbs. Since my garage is my shop it would be nice to have a similar setup except I think those fixtures were like $300+ each.
    How high is your "bay"? T5 HO in my opinion are to bright for less than 10'. Try buying a 2 bulb T5 from HD and hang it, http://www.homedepot.com/p/Lithonia-...10PS/203137160, only $40 and you could probably return it.

If the T5's are good the link Kevin supplied seems like good prices, especially since over $500 seems to be free shipping.
    Setting up a workshop, from standing tree to bookshelves