Thread: corner knick-knack shelf

corner knick-knack shelf

My daughter is off to Laos for two years (long story) and one of the things she brought back to store in my attic is this small (4 feet high) corner knick-knack shelf that I made for myself about 20 years ago and later gave to her. It went on top of a low table in one corner of my office at work.

I made the curved side pieces identical and sized so that I could put one of them one way and one the other way, which I think adds a nice decorative touch along with the railings on the two bottom shelves.

I gave it a couple of coats of natural stain and the pine has darkened a fair amount over the years which I think is a slight improvement over the original lighter color.

corner shelf.jpg
    you can never have too much pepperoni on your pizza or own too many clamps.

That is cool to see a project that you've completed some time ago. It's amazing how our styles change throughout the years, some of us are all over the spectrum and some stay pretty well put in the same niche. Either way it is always neat for an old project to come back home to use so we can see its' graceful age.