Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleaning the cutting table (ABS plastic smell)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Stone View Post
    Be careful .. in solid form it can be dangerous. You can't just leave that stuff
    laying out in the street, it can cause accidents. Even in liquid form it can do
    some damage if you find it creeping in through your basement. That's something
    you need to check, as it can come right through the foundation. I don't think you
    need any special equipment to detect it, though.
    eg: breaking bad
    HARDWARE - Macbook Retina Pro - Toshiba Satellite - Epilog Helix 60W Co2 Laser & Rotary - Trotec Speedy 300 Co2 Laser - Gravo IS400 IQ Engraver. - Pcut CTO630 Vinyl Cutter. - Wacom DTF720 Touch / Trace Screen - GKS DC16 Sublimation Press - Chinese 6040 CNC Router
    SOFTWARE - VMware Fusion / Windows 8.1 - Coreldraw X6 - Trotec Job Control 9.4.4.2 - E-cut - Gravostyle 7 - ULS 1Touch Photo - BizzWizz Invoicing / Stock Control / Ledger - VB6 Pro - Mach3 - V-Carve Desktop

I didn't realise ABS was harmful, had seen it being cut with a laser and assumed it was safe!
    Trotec Speed 400 120W | JobControl 10.6 | Atmos Duo | Adobe Illustrator CC | CorelDraw X8

Blog Entries
    Well, I just tried the Krud Cutter that I bought at HD a couple weeks ago. O.M.G! It works like gangbusters! I spread some heavy foil out in the bottom of my cabinet to catch the droppings. Then I sprayed the bed base with a generous layer and let it sit for about 10 minutes. When I wiped it with a crumpled paper towel, nearly all of the resin and tar from the smoke simply wiped away. Only where the laser had gone through the material and hit the bed and burned the residue into the aluminum was left. I sprayed it again and waited another 10 minutes. Then got a sponge and scrubbed it. Most came off. Still left are some of the lines. I fear those won't ever come off.

I took the honeycomb outside and sprayed it with krud cutter and let it sit for a few minutes. When I hit it with the garden hose, well, it looks brand new. Seriously. Bright and shiny and clean.

I can testify, the stuff works and works WELL! And it does not appear to be corrosive at all to aluminum. The cells of the honeycomb are still mirror bright.
    [SIZE=1]Generic Chinese 50w 300x500
    Lulzbot TAZ 5 3D Printer

Corel X7, Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4
    Modo, Bryce, Poser

If You Can Read, Thank A Teacher. If You Can Read It In English, Thank A Veteran
    That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. - Manny from Ice Age

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I am after something to clean my honeycomb table so .......

Have any UK people used the UK version of Kurd kutter or anything other suitable recommendations?
    Speedy 300 80W
    CorelDRAW x7

There's a load of KK products here http://www.krudkutter.co.uk/
    and https://www.thedecoratingstore.co.uk...FQ_KtAodbTMAYQ

Don't know which one is the one to use, can someone recommend which type??

I guess we will be getting the usual rip-off UK pricing but its a start just google Krud Kutter
    Last edited by Steve Morris; 03-30-2015 at 5:02 PM.
    Trotec Speedy 300 50W
    Gantry CNC Router/Engraver
    Various softwares
    Always keen to try something new

Please don't steal - the government hates competition

Hi Graham,

I use the Krud Cutter for the US...get it brought over as my family go over 3-4 times a year, so get them to bring be back a bottle every time. Works great, but have found it is becoming less effective as the table gets worse. I am due a new table soon, so see how that goes. It is the original you want and a tenner is worth every penny. I have also used the outdoor metal version which works too.
    Jit Patel
    London UK

30w Trotec Speedmarker CL (Galvo) with 400mm & 250mm lens
    80w Trotec Speedy 400 with Rotary, Vacuum Table, Cutting Lamellas, 2" & 1.5" lens, Pass through
    Oki Printing Press
    Abobe Creative Suite - Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
    Vector Magic

Speedy 300 80W
    CorelDRAW x7

Trotec Speedy 300 50W
    Gantry CNC Router/Engraver
    Various softwares
    Always keen to try something new

Please don't steal - the government hates competition

Thanks Steve, will get some of that
    Speedy 300 80W
    CorelDRAW x7

Just for reference for those that are trying it for the first time. The longer you leave it, the better it does, so letting it sit for a couple minutes (or longer) vs. spraying it on and wiping or rinsing it off immediately will yield two completely different results. We bought a big plastic tub and we fill it with hot water and Krud Kutter and let it soak over night every so often.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

just my luck that the decorating store from the link above have said they can no longer stock Krud Kutter products as they do not pass eu regulations.

Back to the drawing board then
    Speedy 300 80W
    CorelDRAW x7