Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Italian Invasion...... My New Toys

Blog Entries
    Awesome! As Neander as I am, I am sooo wanting an italian bandsaw.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Not too sure what Tersa knives Minimax is delivering the machine with, mine came with Chrome and HSS knives.. Needless to say you really want to load the cutter head up with the M42 knives, they last the best and produce a beautiful finish...

Nothing like new toys, even if they ain't mine! Enjoy. Post more pics

Quote Originally Posted by Susumu Mori View Post
    FB510 was a bit cheaper than MM16 and I can see the reason from few differences;
    1) the lower blade guide doesn't have a vertical (up-down) control and quite far from the table.
    The lower guide for the MM16 is ~7" below the table. Think much of this is needed to accommodate the table's tilt.

Matt

Hi Matthew,

I saw some pictures of the MM16 lower guide, which has a long vertical adjustment mechanism, so it can go up and down depending the table tilt. Maybe that was a picture of something else.....

Ah, I remember that day so long ago when my FS41 Elite showed up at the house!

I can hardly believe it was almost 10 years ago!!

I should take a picture of my daughter now with the J/P...she is a bit, uh, bigger...as you can see in my profile pic!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Mine came with a few sets of HSS knives. The M42 knives are on the list to get.

Chris,
    My daughter is 15 moths old. I haven't gotten pictures of her with it yet.

I almost forgot to report I didn't bother telling my wife I bought everything until we were on the way to pick it up. I had the trailer hooked up to the truck for a trip to pick up a new bed. I just happened to go by the shipping terminal on the way home to get the toys. She didn't understand why I didn't put the bed on the trailer. She was good about everything, though. The guy at the terminal told me to call him if I needed a place to stay after telling the wife. At work this weekend so it may be a few days before I get more pics.

How dare you
    Well, I bought mine while my wife is gone for 2 weeks and she is coming back today

Please pray for me.

Hope you guys do reviews with pics of your 16" combo jointer planers.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Beau (and Susumu),

Beautiful new tools, I hope they serve you well.

PHM

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Cassidy View Post
    Chris,
    My daughter is 15 moths old. I haven't gotten pictures of her with it yet.
    My daughter is 2.5 years old in those pictures. My how time flies by!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    My daughter is 2.5 years old in those pictures. My how time flies by!!
    My daughter crawled through my SCM planer so we could take her picture when I bought it, and she is thirty now with kids of her own. Yes time does fly. Everyone gets their time at the wheel......

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Paul McGaha View Post
    Congratulations Beau (and Susumu),

Beautiful new tools, I hope they serve you well.

PHM
    I just saw this! Thanks.

So far I have gotten the bandsaw off the pallet and put the wheels on the mobility kit. It looks like I have to get a power cord for it..... Just assumed it would have one.

I got part of the J/P unwrapped but it is still on the pallet. The guard is waaaaay bigger than a 12 inch pizza. WOW! I guess I didn't realize how big it was going to be.

The "pork chop" guard is annoying at best. You might want to upgrade to the euro style guard. I did and then eventually removed it as well! LOL

Yeah, all these machines will require you to supply your own cord. They have no idea what kind of plug you might need. It is kind of like stoves...supply your own cord.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    The "pork chop" guard is annoying at best. You might want to upgrade to the euro style guard. I did and then eventually removed it as well!
    Let's add the euro guard as another must have add on for the Minimax j/p, the whole reason I say that is besides the pork chop being annoying as all get out, countless times it wouldn't return to the fence, which left the cutter head exposed.. Not saying the euro guard is perfect, for me I find it many times better, sure the euro guard head still gets in the way.. Martin sells a euro guard that folds down out of the way as an option on their jointer that looks really cool.