Thread: Grizz Bandsaw

Grizz Bandsaw

Guess it's time get my feet wet, metaphorically speaking, so I'd like to ask if anyone has experience with the new Grizzley 14 inch bandsaw. (Can't think of the model Number).

The price sure seems right, but before I replace my old 12 inch Sears, would appreciate any information.

Ruby in NC Guest

Just bumping up your post.

The reviews that I've seen so far, have been positive. I have the old style 14" that works well. However, it would be nice to have the features of the new one.

Regards,
    Ruby

Thanks Ruby. Do you have any info on the locations of any reviews?
    Since posting, I've noticed some threads on some other brands also. Just have to keep my options open.

Chuck

Check pond archives

Hi Chuck, Someone did a review of the Grizzly at the Pond. Do a search of the archives. Pete
    Pete Lamberty

Smile G0555 BS

Chuck: I have this new G0555 bandsaw and for my money it is great. I'm admittedly biased given the good service after purchase. I barely had the unit out of the box and a modified tensioning knob shows up unannounced and free of charge! It allows the more common 92- 1/2" blades. Features include the bearing guides (not Carter, but not bad.) I'm still waiting on the riser kit, but I think on the whole, this BS is great. Although I've still not put it to the test in resawing of any consequence. The alum. fence works OK, but I think one will have to modify for resawing. Would anyway I guess. Fine Woodworking had an article recently about stiffening the table with birch ply for resawing that should also be looked at. If you don't have dust collection, dust will collect in the lower wheel chamber so just keep it clean. I think I will get Iturra's wheel brushes myself. Usual disclaimers- Just satisfied with my purchase.

Bruce Foley