Thread: Llws

Llws

I've played a lot of ball in my day, and a lot of tournaments too: round robins, double elims, 1 pitch, any pitch, etc etc.

Question: If the LLWS is double elim (2 losses to be eliminated)- How is Nevada eliminated with only 1 loss?

They won every game (3-0), until the US Championship today where they lost to the Chicago team. So now, both teams have 1 loss.

In double elims I've played in, if the team from the loser's bracket (has 1 loss), beats the team in the winner's bracket (0 losses), they have to play again, until 1 team has 2 losses and is eliminated.

This is the first time I've realized that this is the situation in the LLWS. I don't get it.

Kevin, I was thinking the same thing. There should be one more game between Chicago and West to settle the match.
    You never get the answer if you don't ask the question.

Joe

The format was modified in 2011 so that it becomes single elimination at the US and International championship games.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Doesn't seem fair to the team that went undefeated throughout the tourney though. IMO, it really takes away from the stigma and ability to go undefeated and reach the final round.

Thanks for the info.

Its all due to TV scheduling I bet.