Thread: Can't upload photos

Can't upload photos

And, I would show you a screen shot of the error message, but guess what? I can't upload photos!

The popup dialog box says:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org
    The following errors occurred:
    IMG_0756.jpg: Upload of the file failed.

I'm trying to upload directly from iPhoto on my mac. Running Mac OSX 10.7.5, and Safari 6.1.5. iPhoto '09 is 8.1.2. I've done this many times before (I think… but maybe that was Facebook…), and now it's not working.

Any ideas? The message isn't too helpful.

Thanks, Todd

Seems is wasn't the size, per se.

If I export from iPhoto to a standalone photo file, upload to SMC works fine. Same size file. It seems Vbulletin does the compression necessary to stay with the guidelines of file sizes.

However, an export directly from iPhoto fails with the error message. Uploading to Facebook from iPhoto works OK.

Thanks.

I have problems uploading Photos with same error msg.

I dont' understand the above about exporting to a standalone photo file.

My Nikon camera transfers to laptop, then I choose from the Nikon window-then error msg. Should I transfer to desktop before uploading?

David, I need a little more information to start with. Have you uploaded images to the Creek before using the exact same equipment/method? If so, then what changed? I have a Canon camera and the image files are huge when I download to my desktop. I use a graphics editor to crop and reduce size before uploading. Also, I save all my images as jpegs with image size of 1024 pixels and a file size no larger than 107 kb. The site software will reduce images somewhat but you lose control of what the final image will look like - meaning it could become out of focus due to the site software compressing it.

So, figure out if something changed. Try resizing your images and see if that works.

Let us know the results.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Theres a free program called Fotosizer that you can download, very easy to use just drag the photo or photos or even a whole folder into it hit start and it reduces large mb files down to small kb files.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Hi Steve, nothing that I know of has changed. As you can see, despite multiple attempts, have not been able to upload anymore pictures.

But you suggest that I get the Fotosizer and try cropping my pictures to <107kb?

How would I go about running a test?

800 x 600 pixels usually works very well for pic size. You don't do it by file size, normally.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

David, I just went through a number of your threads and have not seen where you have uploaded an image. How long have you been having this issue? I ask because if something happened as far as your setup/computer or something else you would need to be able to track down what changed. The last time I saw you had upload issues was in Oct. Could you point me to one of your threads where you successfully uploaded a photo?
    Steve

HI Steve, this below is the one picture.

09-20-2014, 8:43 AM#1David Ragan

[OP] Member

Join Date Sep 2007Location Cumming, GAPosts 119

Help with blanket chest

Hi,

I have built a few things-nothing as professional as what is on this site.

Now, I am taking on my first blanket chest, for my niece. (She picked this one out of a book.)

It is the Darrell Peart doing Greene and Greene. Unfortunately, there are no detailed plans.

I have the mahogany and ebony, and would like to start actually milling some wood. But, first, am looking it over to decide on final dimensions, making a list of router bits to order, etc.

My current problem is how to secure the base.

I just uploaded my very first photo(!)

See the band around the bottom? Then the extra (spacer?) piece running around between the case walls and the base? Now, I am unsure about how to attach all this. A giant cleat? Lots of screws?

I have looked through all my books, and can't find any detail on exactly how to do this. Being a novice, the more specific ideas/instruction, the better.

Thanks much! David
    Attached Thumbnails

David, why don't you send me a PM and we'll work through the problem and see if we can't figure something out.
    Steve

Thanks Steve. I will figure out how to do that and get ready over the next few days. Appreciate your help!

David, to send me a private message (PM) just click on my name in this post and then click on the option.
    Steve