Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sharpening stone or?

Old shirt makers didn't understand the exact chemical makeup of the fabrics they used, therefore vintage shirts can NEVER be as good as new shirts made by boutique premium shirt making companies.

David,

May I be the first to direct your clothing comments and subsequent questions to an appropriate men's clothing forum, by the name "Ask Andy". This is a legitimate forum, just don't go saying the name quickly around SWMBO, telling her about a great new site you've found.

T.Z.
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.

Sounds expensive, Tony! I'm currently happily ignorant of style and buy clothes entirely on price. I'm afraid if I learned something about what made quality clothes, then I'd want quality clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    Sounds expensive, Tony! I'm currently happily ignorant of style and buy clothes entirely on price. I'm afraid if I learned something about what made quality clothes, then I'd want quality clothes.
    David, I can't see your belt in your photo, but that purple shirt...I'm going to have to agree with Bridger.
    Not all chemicals are bad. Without hydrogen or oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    don't forget shirt design!!
    Also don't forget this type:

"In the past, how do you think they made a shirt? They didn't have pre-made thread. No, they went and picked the cotton or found a sheep, made their own thread, aged it, dyed it, stretched it, and made one.

They also made their own sewing needles out of bones."
    The Barefoot Woodworker.

Fueled by leather, chrome, and thunder.

Bridger your a jerk if you don't have anything good to say than don't say anything !! (((-:
    Yah well . . . Mathew,

That's just YOUR opinion.
    and by the way I STILL don't think the tanning process in the NEWly acquired replacement belt it right. No sir. Definitely sub standard.

(((( PS: ))))
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Winton Applegate; 08-26-2014 at 11:54 PM.
    Sharpening is Facetating.
    Good enough is good enough
    But
    Better is Better.