Thread: Forrest Saw Blades

Blog Entries

Forrest Saw Blades

Anyone know what's up with Forrest? I sent a blade in for sharpening and e-mailed them to inquire about it with no response. I tried calling their 800 number today and the phone just keeps ringing with no answer. I hope it's just because they are extremely busy? Sean

Several months ago I sent them some saw blades and found getting a response not the best. I was getting worried, then I get an email saying they finished the sharpening and shipped the blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Troy View Post
    Anyone know what's up with Forrest? I sent a blade in for sharpening and e-mailed them to inquire about it with no response. I tried calling their 800 number today and the phone just keeps ringing with no answer. I hope it's just because they are extremely busy? Sean
    No idea except that if they were at IWF last week, they could still be getting back to their offices and trying to play catch-up.

Erik Loza
    Minimax USA

Blog Entries
    Just got a call from them and blade is shipping today. It wasn't a long time for them to have it, I was contacting them just to find out a time frame. I'm glad they are still doing well because I love their blades.

I sent them 13 blades a couple of months ago. They were out of my shop just a bit under 3 weeks but boy did they come back sharp sharp SHARP!! Totally worth it.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

I use a place in New Jersey: Ridge Carbide Tool. They make very good saw blades and router bits. Expensive? yes, but worth it. They also sharpen saw blades - replacing bad carbides (for $5.00 per tooth) as they do the work. They come back like new or better than new.

They are a good firm,and they are very accommodating. However they are not big on real-time communication. I try to overlook this shortcoming.

I have a dado set that I bought from them in 1992 before the advent of undersized plywood. So I constantly have had to play the shim game to accommodate. Their current sets have a 3/32" chipper to accommodate this problem.

A few weeks agoI called them to see if I could get a chipper made up which would then make my set current. They agreed and asked me to send one of my 1/8"chippers to them and they will match its diameter.and teeth.

The whole turnaround from my shipping to them to my receipt of the chipper took about a week. No emails...they just arrived. The new 3/32" is terrific and Forrest was very accommodating.