Thread: Bosch jigsaw down

Bosch jigsaw down

After making a few cuts, my Bosch jigsaw quit! A few minutes later I tried it again and it came back to life. It would seem maybe it got overheated. Or maybe the switch. Nothing worse than trying to identify those damn intermittent shorts. Has anyone experienced this?
    Last edited by Vince Shriver; 08-26-2014 at 2:02 PM.

Mine has a cord, and has never stopped.
    Is yours AC or Battery powered?

Have you taken a vacuum to any airvents?
    If it's not debris, it sounds like a thermocouple (designed to prevent overheating).

It has a cord.

I have never had an issue with my Bosch jigsaw.... However, I have had sawdust get into the switch of my Bosch router a couple times with symptoms you mention. Also the sawdust one time hung up a motor brush in the same router.

Robert

Thanks, gents. I was able to get the top handle cracked open some and blew is out. If that works, then I know the cure the next time (if it should reoccur).

In my experience, it's usually the cord. I'll have the intermittent work/ don't work. By twisting and bending the cord, I'd locate the break while tool is powered on. Usually happens near the tool end of the cord. Sometimes near the plug.

Blog Entries
    Do you unplug the saw by pulling on the cord or grasping the plug. If you pull on the cord, you likely have a damaged cord. If you wind the cord around the saw to store it when not in use the cord could be broken near the handle.

Plug the saw in, turn it on and then wiggle the cord near the plug and near where it enters the saw. If it stops, you need to replace the cord. A good way to to that is to purchase a short extension cord with molded plug and receptacle ends. Cut off the receptacle end and wire the cord to the saw.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute