Thread: 7 inch DC ductwork

Blog Entries

7 inch DC ductwork

So I'm trying to help my brother in Mesa Arizona out. He has just completed the wood shop addition to his metal shop. He has a large cyclone that is most efficient with 7" ductwork. Has anyone suggestions of where this could be procured in the least expensive way? Right now, he thinks he has to order it and it wil cost 2,500 to 3,500 dollars. At that price he will be buying a few pieces at a time. I suggested using 6" and living with a little less efficiency, but he is pretty stubborn.

Is it worth talking to an HVAC fab shop to see if they could work some in between other runs (I am not real sure of the tooling necessary for this)?
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Shawn,

I got my duct work from a local HVAC wholesale house. My AC man introduced me, but they sell to anyone. They had spiral ducting in all sizes, with standard crimped ends, pretty sure they had 7". I used 6 and 8".

Rick Potter

A slight tangent,but a very short read.....see if linky works(apologies if linking to another site is a no-no).

http://www.thesheetmetalshop.com/for...ad.php?p=16423

When I needed a few fittings, found that Ace Hardware stocks a little 26 gauge, and is more reasonable than anywhere else in my area, they have short lengths of 26 gauge pipe, and they do special orders. So maybe check with Ace before you spend a huge amount.

Blog Entries
    Got mine from a local HVAC supplier, just use 26 ga snaplock to keep the cost down. I got a better price than average as my son manages the place and I got his discount. Also look for a local ductwork specialty shop. And don't assume the local BORG doesn't have it, take a look, just be sure you get 26 ga, not 30 ga. Nothing wrong with using snaplock in a DC system. Usually much cheaper than spiral. Even fab shops will buy it in bulk from the factory as it stacks together for shipping.
    Last edited by Ole Anderson; 08-27-2014 at 8:49 AM.
    NOW you tell me...