Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Many Credit Cards

I have 2 credit cards, an MC and a Visa. i use the mastercard almost exclusively except for online purchases. There have been a few problems but MC fixed these pronto everytime.

I forgot that I recently got a Southwest Airlines VISA. You get 10,000 points for signing up and they give you $100 towards your first purchase of tickets but then immediately deduct $99 for the card so you make a whole buck there but the real gravy is the ~two free plane tickets you get with those points.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    I forgot that I recently got a Southwest Airlines VISA. You get 10,000 points for signing up and they give you $100 towards your first purchase of tickets but then immediately deduct $99 for the card so you make a whole buck there but the real gravy is the ~two free plane tickets you get with those points.
    Where are you flying to that is only 5,000 points round trip with Southwest? That is a steal of a deal. I just checked and Minneapolis to Chicago Midway is almost 10,000 points for one ticket. The Southwest Visa is often available with a 40,000 or 50,000 point bonus. I've already had this card twice so I got at least 80,000 bonus points. I used most of the points for gift cards although I did fly to Chicago.

Early bird stuff is pretty cheap with points.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.