Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can't we leave the TP alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Wiggins View Post
    I have a friend who does exotic bird rescue and fostering in Raleigh. She posted on the "no tube" rolls on fb stating that the glue in the rolls contains zinc, which is bad for birds. Apparently, rolls of TP are a favorite chew toy of some birds. I haven't checked all that out anywhere else because I don't do the bird thing.
    That didn't sound right, so I googled it. Sure enough, no zinc in TP rolls:

http://theparrotuniversity.com/paper...oll-toysdanger

I'd be happy if we could just decide on one type, and be done with it. I've actually had this conversation in the toilet paper aisle of the supermarket:

*RING RING*

"Hey honey...it's me. I'm trying to get toilet paper. What kind do we normally get? What do they have? Lots and lots....which one do we get....bears?...hmmm...I see a baby floating in a cloud...a couple of babies...one of them has something on her head.....there's the one with puppies....2 puppies?...I see one with three puppi...oh wait...I see the bears...which one should I get?....hmmmm...okay, there's a bear that's mooning me, and then there's a bunch of bears having a picnic....I should get the picnic bears one?....OK."

Quote Originally Posted by John Coloccia View Post
    I'd be happy if we could just decide on one type, and be done with it. I've actually had this conversation in the toilet paper aisle of the supermarket:

*RING RING*

"Hey honey...it's me. I'm trying to get toilet paper. What kind do we normally get? What do they have? Lots and lots....which one do we get....bears?...hmmm...I see a baby floating in a cloud...a couple of babies...one of them has something on her head.....there's the one with puppies....2 puppies?...I see one with three puppi...oh wait...I see the bears...which one should I get?....hmmmm...okay, there's a bear that's mooning me, and then there's a bunch of bears having a picnic....I should get the picnic bears one?....OK."
    I hope that the store was busy with the shoppers doing their shopping when you made this call

Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    I hope that the store was busy with the shoppers doing their shopping when you made this call
    I work from home, so I try to shop during the day when it's mostly empty. There was one young mom that was sort of giggling, obviously trying to make the same decision. When I got off the phone, I recommended the bears having a picnic.

I work from home, so I try to shop during the day when it's mostly empty. There was one young mom that was sort of giggling, obviously trying to make the same decision. When I got off the phone, I recommended the bears having a picnic.
    What would Freud say?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien View Post
    What would Freud say?
    Sometimes naked animals frolicking in the woods are just naked animals frolicking in the woods.

Sometimes naked animals frolicking in the woods are just naked animals frolicking in the woods.
    the animals wear a fur coat

If it ain't broke ........ Just saying!
    Best Regards,

Gordon

Blog Entries
    If the manufacturers save 1 penny per roll, that's $17 million a year (based on info in Phil's link). That's the reason for the change so don't tell me it's an environmental issue. I was born at night, but not last night.

While you are all fussing about the new no roll paper, the manufacturers have slyly reduced the width of the roll by at least a quarter of an inch. The missus noticed this about six months back and started switching brands to keep the wider rolls. Now most of them seem to have gone to the skinny roll. I'm surprised because I haven't noticed a corresponding reduction in the size of our populations' bottoms.

Maybe taking the roll out was nothing but a diversion for the skinnier sheets.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Eyre View Post
    If it ain't broke ........ Just saying!
    That's why we fold'em!

Costco still has their house brand with full size sheets......right next to the Charmin that was made smaller.

I personally don't like TP that is really plush and thick. It is too hard to wipe with. I like the Target store brand TP. They started making the rolls bigger , but now the cores have gotten huge! The big rolls probably have the same amount of paper now as the old standard size rolls. The TP holders at my parent's house don't work very well with big rolls so I would just as well have a standard size roll.

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    If this toilet paper roll thing takes, I guess we'll have some $6.99 plastic version of the toilet paper roll core at target that people will throw away (along with the plastic packaging it comes in) once their kid is no longer small.
    Oh, it doesn't even have to take. They've been around for a while. :/

daniel
    Not all chemicals are bad. Without hydrogen or oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.