Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can't we leave the TP alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien View Post
    Glad you had the courage to address this. Over the top is the one correct way to load the TP.
    and what is the second correct way to load a tp roll

Quote Originally Posted by Judson Green View Post
    The thing that would tick me off is if the roll-less rolls were more expensive.
    It probably will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    hahahahaha!!! I love it! "Normal" cheap as opposed to "cheap" cheap?! hahahaha....

When they changed to the tubeless here, they also, of course, had to change the holders. We have some new dual holders from Georgia Pacific where you have to finish one roll before you can slide the door over to access the second roll. The TP itself is fine...the normal cheap kind but no tubes. I also noticed that they now install all the TP "over the top" because it is harder to use in these GP contraptions if the TP is put in to roll out from the bottom. I like that feature as I'm a hardcore "over the top" TP installer. I'll even change the direction if I see it at your house. LOL!
    Over the top is incorrect IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Diodati View Post
    Over the top is incorrect IMO
    Ooooooo...fanning the flames. I hear from cat folks that over the top is bad since kitty likes to unravel them. I can see that. Our cat has unraveled a few rolls here and there but it isn't a chronic thing so over the top we remain!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

(last time I checked the center rolls were biodegradable and the basis for a great many kindergarten projects)
    I use them as part of my tender for starting fires in the winter.
    "Live like no one else, so later, you can LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE!"
    - Dave Ramsey

Ah for the days of the two holer out back and the Sears & Roebuck catalog. Those were the days in January out on the So. Dak. prairie.

Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    and what is the second correct way to load a tp roll
    Set the roll on the counter next to the sink.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Life's too short for cheap TP. Being self-employed, I don't get the opportunity to lay the golden...(you know--while on the clock). But the more public places I've had to visit, the more I prefer home where we use a quality TP that does its job. Not the John Wayne stuff many places buy--it's rough, tough, and it don't take cr@p off nobody.

Because of pets and kids, I used to be adamant that the roll be installed "down the back", but now the kids are all teens, and our two current kitties don't seem to take an interest, so which way the roll goes is so completely unimportant to me. Now, if there's none left when I get there, that's another story...
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Glad you had the courage to address this. Over the top is the one correct way to load the TP.
    Well, I am relieved to know there are a few others that find they MUST reverse the roll. I've been doing this at my in-laws for 30 years, and they have never said a word ...

Now, regarding the tube / no-tube debate:

Notice how the diameter has gotten really big over the years? That irritates me. But I'd rather they keep the tube. I give them to our parrot. He loves to shred them.

I got two bathroom and the vent from furnace is under the tp in the one bathroom, If the roll are install so the paper peel from the front/top , the breeze from the vent will unroll the paper , I had to squeeze the roll to deform the roll so that it is not round any more

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Reep View Post
    But I'd rather they keep the tube. I give them to our parrot. He loves to shred them.
    I have a friend who does exotic bird rescue and fostering in Raleigh. She posted on the "no tube" rolls on fb stating that the glue in the rolls contains zinc, which is bad for birds. Apparently, rolls of TP are a favorite chew toy of some birds. I haven't checked all that out anywhere else because I don't do the bird thing.
    "Live like no one else, so later, you can LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE!"
    - Dave Ramsey

my car (yeah, my car;, My CAT!!) used to completely shred the TP roll. Paper towels too. Could not put it on the roll even.
    I just set in on this stand now, but I keep her out of the bathroom unless I am in there.
    But she does leave the paper towels alone now too.

I just think the flap in the back and down, it is easier to tear off with out unrolling too many squares.
    I like charmin ultra, 4 squares each wipe is all you need.
    To me the cheap stuff is not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien;[h=2
    Can't we leave the TP alone?[/h]
    We could but life would seem pretty crappy.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

1. I agree completely with Phil. In fact, just changed a roll to over the top yesterday.
    2. TP I buy is completely recycled paper and tube.
    Last edited by David Helm; 08-28-2014 at 4:45 PM. Reason: wrong word
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by David Helm View Post
    1. I agree completely with Phil. In fact, just changed a roll to over the top yesterday.
    2. TP I buy is completely recycled paper and tube.
    You need to leave other peoples TP alone, over the top is incorrect too, BTY..............LOL

I think I have changed it too, paper towel roll in dollar general restroom......................LOL
    Of course, in my case, it was "over the top", and I changed it to the back, and out the bottom.