Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Can't we leave the TP alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Ooooooo...fanning the flames. I hear from cat folks that over the top is bad since kitty likes to unravel them. I can see that. Our cat has unraveled a few rolls here and there but it isn't a chronic thing so over the top we remain!
    My last cat would unravel the roll, so I turned it backwards. That pissed him off, so he would SHRED the entire roll as punishment. I put it back over the top and he would unroll about 15 feet, I'd just roll it back up.

The new kitty doesn't care about toilet paper or even the tubes, so I make sure they are all over-the-top in the house. My wife repeatedly installs TP under-the-bottom, and I always change it, and she's never said a word. I wonder if one day I'll wake up dead because she's been harboring this secret grudge against me for it...

daniel
    Not all chemicals are bad. Without hydrogen or oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel lane View Post
    My last cat would unravel the roll, so I turned it backwards. That pissed him off, so he would SHRED the entire roll as punishment. I put it back over the top and he would unroll about 15 feet, I'd just roll it back up.

The new kitty doesn't care about toilet paper or even the tubes, so I make sure they are all over-the-top in the house. My wife repeatedly installs TP under-the-bottom, and I always change it, and she's never said a word. I wonder if one day I'll wake up dead because she's been harboring this secret grudge against me for it...

daniel
    there is a short-cut to ending this toilet-paper and that is to install a commode that will wash the bottom before you
    stand -up

Quote Originally Posted by daniel lane View Post

daniel
    HA! That is pretty funny...cats have quite the personality. I change all ours to over the top but I've made it known throughout the household how it should be installed so naturally my wife and daughter install it the other way. Wives and daughters are funny, too, I guess.
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 09-08-2014 at 5:36 PM.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Wives and daughters are funny, too, I guess.
    They are felines after all, aren't they?
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    They are felines after all, aren't they?
    What's the old punchline? "Cats are just tiny little women in cheap fur coats." Something like that...
    Not all chemicals are bad. Without hydrogen or oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.

There are solutions for everything.

This solves several things discussed here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Can't believe this thread is still going. Regarding cats and TP; I have two (cats that is) and they have never unrolled the toilet paper even though it is installed to come over the top. Reason? Don't let the cats in the bathrooms. Seems to me a pretty simple solution.
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That cat of mine, l let her in the bathroom un supervised to drink some water from the sink, and she shred a whole roll again.
    I had thought she had grown out of it.
    Yes, normally I do keep her out of there.
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 09-08-2014 at 5:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Helm View Post
    Can't believe this thread is still going. Regarding cats and TP; I have two (cats that is) and they have never unrolled the toilet paper even though it is installed to come over the top. Reason? Don't let the cats in the bathrooms. Seems to me a pretty simple solution.
    Kitty's litter box is in the bathroom.

Kitty's litter box is in the bathroom.
    It may be time to rethink litter box placement. Our cats are outside all day so there is no litter box. When we go away overnight we put the litter box in the laundry room. No toilet paper there!

Our cat stays in the house (although she tries to get out and is often successful if we forget to lock the screen door) and the bathroom is the only logical place for her box.

Our cat stays in the house because she has a 4 hour lifespan if she ever gets out! We live on the far southern edge of Las Vegas, I can walk to BLM desert land in less than 5 minutes. Coyotes abound. When the vet tried to get us to chip Opal, I suggested the only value it had was to identify the scat that contained the chip - he really had no argument against that.

daniel

LOL! Yeah I'm basically in the 'burbs so racoons and squirrels and the occasional skunk are about it here. We have the rare bird of prey dropping it every once in a while, too. Ours is a rescue cat so she came pre-chipped...and pre-ornery.

I live in the country with wetlands and public land all around. Plenty of coyotes, hawks and eagles here too. Cats learn to be smart about where they go and how they go about it. Helps if you start them out when young.