Thread: I Love Google Street View

I Love Google Street View

I was showing my grand kids the house I grew up in on Google street view. One said " where was your school". I walked them down the streets until we saw my grade school. The cool thing is I saw a street corner that reminded me of a cute story that happened when I was 5 on my first day of school. I then told them right here on this corner 58 years ago a girl tried to kiss me and I ran away. They loved it.

Actually I'd like to go back in time and do that over. Soon hopefully Goggle will have a way for me to get back on that corner and accept the kiss.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Joiner View Post
    I was showing my grand kids the house I grew up in on Google street view. One said " where was your school". I walked them down the streets until we saw my grade school. The cool thing is I saw a street corner that reminded me of a cute story that happened when I was 5 on my first day of school. I then told them right here on this corner 58 years ago a girl tried to kiss me and I ran away. They loved it.

Actually I'd like to go back in time and do that over. Soon hopefully Goggle will have a way for me to get back on that corner and accept the kiss.
    That's what Facebook is for.

yea street view is pretty cool, I'm looking for a house and I can go see the house the road and neighborhood with out leaving home LOL , plus any other part of the world I want to travel to .
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Thanks, never looked before. My pics appear to be about 5 years old, judging by the landscaping changes.

I have looked on the sat map before, and always got shots that were at least 10-12 years old. This time they were much newer....a whole freeway next to my back yard shows now, and it has been there about 8 years. Earlier shots showed the initial grading.

Rick P

Out of curiosity, I searched for my mom's address and in the street view, she is sitting on the porch and having coffee, LOL.

Erik Loza
    Minimax USA

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    Out of curiosity, I searched for my mom's address and in the street view, she is sitting on the porch and having coffee, LOL.

Erik Loza
    Minimax USA
    That is so cool!
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson