Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here are the promised pictures thanks to my wife who is looking over my shoulder as I

Here are the promised pictures thanks to my wife who is looking over my shoulder as I

type this and she is laughing hysterically at my lack of computer skills. Thanks again for all the tidbits on getting the photos down to 105K. Thanks Chris, Vaughn, Joe, Ken, and Bill for the welcome.

Bill, that hacker in the house thing was made up on the spot by my 10 year old son. He actually said Yo, da Hackers in da House, when I had just called myself a hacker wanna be. Sorry to whoever has that site Bill, but I promise you I did not look that up or take that from him in any way, shape, or form. It is merely a coincident and nothing more, I assure you.

Well here are the pictures that have been promised. No big deal really, but Jim Becker suggested I post them, so with my wife's help, here are some dust gorilla install pictures when you are doing the install alone.

Thanks for looking, David.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here are 4 more pictures.

The last one is obviously for Jim and Andy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Things still to do

I still have to build a dust hood/box around my sliding compound miter saw. I have that electrical wire to take care of that you see dangling. I just raise the floor last August from 8.5 feet to 10.5 feet. That's the part with the Buzz Lightyear colors. I will post pictures of how I did that also, in the near future. Thanks for looking and I'll have a shop tour by August.

Have a good day, David

Sorry.................................

I meant to say the ceiling was raised, not the floor, which I am sure is obvious to all.

David

Very nice.

But I'm keeping a copy of one of those pictures to show my girlfriend the next time she says my garage is "too organized":
    "Yeah, honey, but at least I don't have a built-in rack for tubes of caulk..."

I am glad that you managed to get the pictures posted and I really like all those bright colours.

Looking good David. I like your storage solution for the paint cans. If my garage/shop didn't already have a finished sheetrock ceiling, I'd be hanging all sorts of stuff from it.

- Vaughn

Looks great bud!!! You will be amazed next week when you start using this unit in combonation with making your countertops, aside from better CFM it will stay at a higher cfm longer.

Let us know once you start using it what you think!

Andy

Thanks Vaughn...........the paint can solution hanging from the ceiling was an idea from a This Old House issue (magazine) maybe 2-3 years ago. The gentleman had a small shop and they were showing how he used his space so wisely. I liked the idea, so I did the same thing. Eventually the ceiling will be covered with 7/16" OSB, but I will still hang the paint cans.

Lee.........I actually do countertops for a living and I have a lot of Formica, Wilsonart, and Pionite color caulks. I came up with this idea about 3 months ago and I will probably change it (tweak it) slightly when I get everything where I want it. Those tubs of caulk are 7-12 dollars a piece, and I try to use them for as many jobs as possible.

My wife's uncle in Germany says that organized people are lazy because they don't want to take the time to find something when they need it!!!!!!!!!!! It was directed towards me and my anal tendencies. I thought it was a rather funny way of putting it.

Andy..........I've been using the dust gorilla for a while now and I'm blown away by what is left, or I should say not left, in the tablesaw cabinet (Unisaw). I usually turn on my dust collector (old one) once a week and with the throat plate out and the saw unplugged, I blow compressed air in the cabinet. It is usually immaculate in seconds. I've done this for 4 years to keep dust off the motor and avoid over taxing it. Now, with the dust gorilla, there is barely anything in the saw. Amazing unit, a real step up from my Jet Cannister 2HP collector. That unit DOES NOT work with MDF or particleboard. The filter gets clogged so quick and it starves the motor, or in my case, burned it out. Jet did take care of me after a dozen calls and more than 4 parts sent in the mail. It was extremely frustrating. Anyways, the dust gorilla is outstanding!!!!!!!

Thanks again for looking and I hope this picture helps someone who has to install this unit by themselves.

Good Day, David

Wow, David, that's quite the shop you have going there. And talk about organized! Good for you.

Nice way to install it alone. I used to work alone and there's a ton of tricks you can use to make up for the lack of another pair of hands. Way to go on the Gorilla, too. I hear they are very good DC's!

Thanks guys!!!!

Hello

Frank- Those colors are from Home Depot's Disney Collection. I put those in there to brighten things up for my kids when they come in to visit or we make something together. I have about 10 plus buzz lightyears to hang off the ceiling with fishstring. You know, to make them look like they're flying. I still have the orange color to add for the trim when I get some time. By the way, you've got a great shop! How do you like your cyclone?

Jason- Thanks for the organization compliment, but you got me beat buddy, trust me. I just saw the pictures of your shop in your new garage. I will always be 2 steps behind ya, and that's the way it will be . Where did you live in Michigan?

Kelly- Yes your right, you can always find a way to due something yourself, if you really put your mind to it. I have a Paslode nail gun and I find myself making stuff all the time and taking it apart for the next jig. You've got a great website and obviously are very skilled in woodworking and outdoor structures. I built a pergola 3 years ago and put the cedar plastic lattice on top of my 2x8's. It worked well, but I like your sloped pergola with the corrugated top better. I wish I could have sloped mine, but I would've lost too much in height. I am surrounded by some older neighbors that I just would not have the heart to ask for their help. I lifted the 112 pound (?) dust gorilla up that green ladder and I would NEVER do it again. My voice is just starting to come out of tenor mode !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care, David

I have a long list of 'never agains' and as I get older the list gets longer. I'll have to put that one on the list BEFORE I try it...

Thanks for the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by David Pettibone
    I actually do countertops for a living and I have a lot of Formica, Wilsonart, and Pionite color caulks. I came up with this idea about 3 months ago and I will probably change it (tweak it) slightly when I get everything where I want it. Those tubs of caulk are 7-12 dollars a piece, and I try to use them for as many jobs as possible.
    Ah, couldn't see the labels. If I had a rack like that, it would be populated by two colors of silicone tub sealer and a tube of Liquid Nails...all completely dried out of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud
    Ah, couldn't see the labels. If I had a rack like that, it would be populated by two colors of silicone tub sealer and a tube of Liquid Nails...all completely dried out of course.
    Gee is clear considered to be a color?