Thread: Hummingbird Closeups

Amazing pictures. I saw our first hummingbird of the year in the yard yesterday. We had bad hail storm in June that flattened all our perennials. They have bounced back and rebloomed. We've seen a lot of hummingbirds in the mountains here and on a recent trip trip to wine country in California.

Love the pictures...We have had an outstanding year with the hummingbirds. It seems like that as we have been more seriously feeding them the last couple of years the number steadily climbs. One of our feeders is just outside the back sliding door and they come up and look in the door. They also are very protective of their areas and we have a lot of hummingbirds fighting each other. They are great to watch.

The best additions to the feeding this year are the ant water traps above the feeders to keep the ants out and the bee and wasp guards on the feeders.

Beautiful. Thank you.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

Thanks for sharing. We live on the East Coast and the Rufus himmingbird is a rare sight. We saw our first one this year. We get the green version daily, and are thrilled to see them. Wonderful creatures.

Blog Entries
    I need to put up some feeders next year. I've planted more attractive plants this year for humming birds and they do come. Beautiful creatures.

Blog Entries
    Amazing photo skills.
    NOW you tell me...