Thread: Made a batch of these for the range picknick

Blog Entries

Made a batch of these for the range picknick

Went out this AM to the setup work day at the range. Me and some of the guys were jawing about IDPA and stuff. I had the keychains with me. Sold half the bag just to the guys at the setup day Getting the idea I should have made more.

Anyway, I got the idea to make these Whipped up these in about a half hour:
    2014-08-30_16-39-23_91.jpg

And yea the bullet holes go through
    [SIZE=1]Generic Chinese 50w 300x500
    Lulzbot TAZ 5 3D Printer

Corel X7, Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4
    Modo, Bryce, Poser

If You Can Read, Thank A Teacher. If You Can Read It In English, Thank A Veteran
    That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. - Manny from Ice Age

how big are the targets, if you finish them in one hour then they must be ?

Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    how big are the targets, if you finish them in one hour then they must be ?
    Judging by what appears to be a 9mm in the picture, they are not very big... Great idea though!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    Judging by what appears to be a 9mm in the picture, they are not very big... Great idea though!
    Correct. I put the 9mm round in the photo for scale. The target itself is about 2-3/8w x 4" tall.

Made em for desk decorations. Saved one for my desk
    Lulzbot TAZ 5 3D Printer

Modo, Bryce, Poser

If You Can Read, Thank A Teacher. If You Can Read It In English, Thank A Veteran

that's cool and creative.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

Blog Entries
    All 5 sold for $5 ea, I kept 2, gave the club 3. Took less than 5 minutes for them to sell and I got requests for almost 2 dozen more. Wish I had made lots more but I had no idea how they would go. Also sold almost all the keychains too (another thread). Might have 5-6 left. Kay (club president)was right. I gave each kid a keychain when they picked up their scavenger hunt sheet (the keychain satisfied one item on the list, the club logo). Once the kids started getting their hands on them I had squads of adults coming over to the kids area wanting some "for the scavenger hunt", which was for kids only I directed them all to the gun raffle table where they were for sale.

So I would say it was a success. Raised some extra money for the youth activities(kids games at the picnic, youth gun safety courses and hunter safety courses, etc) at the club and made a few bucks for myself. And I learned a lot about the laser and the whole process too so it was a win for myself too.
    Lulzbot TAZ 5 3D Printer

Modo, Bryce, Poser

We use a *lot* of Rowmark's plastics for signage and because of the way we nest, we get a lot of drop/scrap. One way we utilize would-be trash is to make small targets (~2.5" dia. reticles etc.) for giveaways. The bonus for us is that all of them are adhesive backed so folks can stick 'em too.
    Last edited by Chris DeGerolamo; 09-02-2014 at 10:56 AM. Reason: typo
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

You could try one with the human outline, and the pattern Mel Gibson did in Lethal Weapon.

lw.jpg

Have a nice day.
    Steve \o/
    Dynamite With A Laser Beam LLC
    Epilog Helix 75W/Epilog Fusion Edge 80W and Jet 1642-EVS2