Thread: Ludell Band Saw BS14UL

Question Ludell Band Saw BS14UL

Years ago my mother and father purchased a house from a woodworker. He was retiring and moving to Vegas, so a lot of his equipment went with the house, so to speak. One of the pieces I have taken possession of is a band saw with a broken drive belt. It says Ludell and model BS14UL on the only plate on the whole machine. The belt is a round material and bright orange.

Now, usually Google knows all, but in this case I cannot find a single reference to this piece of equipment online. Has anyone ever heard of this or have any idea how I can find a replacement belt?

Thanks in advance.

Pictures? Sounds like it was rebadged for them. Might be the same as something else like the Delta band saw.

McMaster has these belts.

Never heard of this but if you can post a picture, it would be a great help. If it's rebadged , you can cross reference or you can actually go to local suppliers.

I had the saw put away pretty deep so it took a few days for me to get it back out. Here are some pictures. There was a third, small piece to the belt that I must have lost after the last time I had it out. Using a piece of string, it looks like the inner diameter of the belt should be 24". I'm not sure if that works out correctly to a size or not.

On to the pics:

20140909_190956.jpg

20140909_191001.jpg

20140909_191026.jpg

20140909_191049.jpg

I guess it's only 4 pics at a time.

20140909_191536.jpg

20140909_191542.jpg

20140909_191549.jpg

I took a chance and ordered a 26.5" 3/16 belt off ebay. The one I have measured 7mm with a caliper. I ordered that one because it seemed to be a standard size for a lot of saws. I didn't get a lot of time to try it out, but it seems to be just a little long and probably beyond the length of adjustment. I'll give it another shot on Sunday when I get back into town but I'm not overly hopeful.

I see the broken belt on the table (in one of your pics). Did you accurately measure the length of the broken belt?

No, it was in three pieces and I lost the third, small piece. Plus I never had possession of the saw in working order so I have no way of knowing if it really was the right size to begin with. Looks like a 24" belt may be the answer instead of a 26.5"