Thread: Simple pine and ply box

Simple pine and ply box

Sometimes a quick and dirty box can be pretty satisfying. Hardware store cheap yellow pine and Baltic birch ply. Hand plowed grooved and hand cut DTs.

My father-in-law gave us his 1975 vintage electro-mechanical pinball machine. Thanks, Richard! He loves red-heads, so Ann Margret made this Tommy tribute easy for him to like. We've cleaned it and had a little in home service to get everything working. Keeping it working full tilt so to speak is an on-going effort however, so I had amassed a good deal of paraphernalia. I made this box over the weekend to keep it neat and at my fingertips.

~ Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought.

Full tilt indeed! Congrats on scoring a great toy. And nice job on the box.

C
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

Sean
    That is fantastic gift. I have a Gottlieb "Close Encounters of The Third Kind" machine from 1978. I played many pinball machines as a kid and always wanted one for myself. I do electronic service for a living so the electronic repair side of the game was fun.

Great idea on the box. Probably something I should do as I stuck all my paraphernalia inside the machine just in front of the coin drop.
    D.

Thanks, fellas!

Well, Dennis, now I know who to pester when I cant figure out the schematic or which switch to mess with! ;-) And I ran out of space in the front of the machine!
    ~ Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought.

Put a recording mechanism under the lid,
    so that when it opens it plays,

"See me, feel me..."

PS - Ann Margaret was hot, ​before you needed a publicist to get noticed.