Thread: will this work?

will this work?

I am getting a new compressor and dryer delivered, been told the dryer needs to be in the cleanest place possible. best to be outside the workshop in a shed.

I will do this eventually but for the time being (yeah we heard this many times before) its going to be in the workshop, therefore I have came up with the following sketch

the compressor and dryer will be in a 8' wide by 7' high by 3' cabinet, the air filter is this filter:

http://www.carbatec.co.nz/carba-tec-...r-filter_c1550

IMG_3730.jpg

The compressor is Chicago Pneumatic CPRS B7000, the silenced 7.5kw with 500 litre tank. (125 gallons?) I wanted the version with onboard dryer but I have to wait for 3 months which I cant wait so I bought the one without dryer... and an auxiliary dryer, Ceccato CDX12 will be fitted to it.

here is the proposal..

SKMBT_C28014090210320.jpg

the air inlet is the filter inlet and 1 air outlet/grill, this can be a fan; will this setup work without causing premature failure of any machines? the dryer needs ventilation and needs clean air. I was thinking about an opening at top of the cabinet with a cover so if there is any dust at all it will mostly sets on the cover, adjacent to the cover is a few vents for hot air to escape.

any comments welcomed

Looking at the web page for the dryer I'd think you could just put a filter over the inlet to the dryer without putting the compressor and dryer in a box. Or build a box for the dryer only and be sure to put enough filters on it to allow proper air flow(cfm).

The compressor probably has an inlet filter already so there'd be no need to filter the incoming air twice.

I'm sure members with more knowledge will chime in with advice.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

That's a large compressor and will generate a lot of heat if used with loads requiring extended periods of relatively large air flow (air sanders, etc.).

I have a 5hp I-R with a 60 gallon tank and when I'm using my pneumatic ROS the compressor runs nearly constantly. Compressing hear results in heat being given off. Mine came with an intercooler but I built an aftercooler because after a half-hour or so the second stage discharge temperature was 300F or so. This is after the interstage cooler cooled the air some.

This said, your air filter may well have enough air to do it all. I'd just recommend loading the heck out of the compressor for a half-hour or so and then checking the temperature in the room. You don't want to cook the oil compressor. :-)
    One can never have too many planes and chisels... or so I'm learning!!

thanks guys. The compressor arrived yesterday, its humongus..

its about half of a Landcruiser Prado!
    IMG_37571.jpg

IMG_3754.jpg