Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posting replies using IPads

Posting replies using IPads

Does anyone know how to keep the keyboard from dropping down after each letter I type? Replies are taking forever to type.

That seems to be something that happens on iOS for some reason. Use to happen all the time on my iPhone but never on android or my android tablet.

My solution was to do some re-sizing of the window or change from portrait to landscape and then back and it would seem to go away.

I never did find a reason or effective solution but those workarounds usually always got rid of it.

My work around is to intentionally type a misspelled word. Like qew or something. The spell check seems to override the keyboard drop down.

Hitting "Go Advanced" seems to fix it for a while too.

Blog Entries
    Sorry, don't have the problem. 99% of my posts are from an iPad.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Shawn, your iPad must be be a cheap knock-off !

I hate that too! Sometimes when I rotate from landscape to portrait orientation it goes away.
    Otherwise I have to close out the post, then re-enter (sometimes 2-3 times) but it eventually goes away.

I have had the same problem for some time. Sometimes if I reload the page it fixes itself. Also if i let it go to sleep in the middle of typing up a post it will begin to drop after a single letter.

While I haven't tried on this particular site, I have it happen a lot on other sites, especially Amazon. It seems to be whenever the page hasn't fully loaded. As new parts of the page are loaded (and they may be CSS or script files so you don't see any actual change), it drops the keyboard. Presumably so you can see what's different.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    Shawn, your iPad must be be a cheap knock-off !
    What are you implying?
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Pixley View Post
    Sorry, don't have the problem. 99% of my posts are from an iPad.
    I don't have the problem with mine either.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Who's using Safari and who's using Chrome or something else? I use Chrome myself.

I use Safari and have that problem. I use the "Go Advanced" as a work around.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Who's using Safari and who's using Chrome or something else? I use Chrome myself.
    I use Safari.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Always chrome with me