Thread: Need run capacitor details for Ridgid TS3650 motor

Need run capacitor details for Ridgid TS3650 motor

• I need the size of the run capacitor for the motor on a ridged ts3650. the current one is burned up and I cannot read the size of it. The start capacitor is ok and reads 200mfd/250v. I also need to know what wire goes to which side of the capacitor. Again the run capacitor has a green and white wire going to it but the run capacitor has 2 whites. So what wire connects to which prong on the new capacitor? The motor was running fine till I noticed smoke coming from it. When I puled it off and noticed the smoke was coming from the capacitors. Maybe if someone out there owns one of these saws and has replaced this capacitor before or maybe someone would be willing to look at theirs and tell me the size. Thanks!!

Attached Images Attached Images
    The Beach Bum Woodworker

A quote from the Ridgid forums:
    "I just took a look at my capacitors on my 3650. The outside one, easiest to get at, is labled "Motor Starting Capacitor" is gray in color and is 200 MFD and rated 250VAC. The inner capacitor is black, 30 MFD and rated at 350VAC. Hope this helps."

Cary

Cary.....you are a life saver. I really appreciate you doing this for me. I have been all over town today trying to get someone to tell me what I needed. No one knew. Not even Ridged knew. My last stop today I just purchased one that matched the starter one just to try...now I am glad I didn't. The other thing is I have a job due tomorrow and I need my table saw to finish it. Again Thanks! !

Keith, it doesn't matter which way the run capacitor is connected, it's not polarity sensitive.............Regards, Rod.

Well.....The table saw is back up and running. Thanks for all yalls help