Thread: Rudy Lopez class projects

Rudy Lopez class projects

Earlier this year I had the opportunity to attend a two day demo by Rudy Lopez, followed by two days of hands on training. This was a Michigan Association of woodturners event. Rudy is a very entertaining and skilled demonstrator, he is also very good at teaching in the hands on training. I throughly enjoyed the four days of training and would recommend attending his demo if you get the chance. I have been finishing up some turnings, here are a couple of turnings that I made in the class.

walnut2trn4016.jpgwalnut2trn4013.jpgwalnut2trn4017.jpg Twice turned walnut bowl; it is about 7" x 3 1/2"
    walnutCr3916.jpgwalnutCr3917.jpgwalnutCr3920.jpg Walnut crotch winged bowl; it is about 10" x 9" x 1 3/4". I broke some of the bark off the top of the bowl while sanding.

Beautiful work-you learn well grasshopper.
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

Very nice work Jim!

I had the pleasure of meeting Rudy and also attending his demo while John Keeton and I were at the Ohio Symposium last October. Rudy is a very good demonstrator, highly skilled, relatable and explains everything he is doing - while - he is doing it! Highly recommend Rudy and bet his class was a lot of fun to take!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

I attended both days of the demo.Rudy does a great job of explaining everything and the Michigan Association of Woodturners facility is top notch.

Thanks Don and Steve! And yes the class was a lot of fun to take!

Rudy is awesome, and a personal friend of mine. We are also fellow members of my local wood-turning club (Tricounty Wood Turners, Florida). Every time I see him, I learn something! He does love those "flat bowls". They are fun as heck, but make a LOT of noise. I can only imagine a class full of them going at once. Can you say "ear protection"?

I really like the top one there. Not that the other is any less nice; just not my style. Making them teaches and requires some good tool handling doesn't it?

Yes you do learn well, like the bowl with the natural edge. Rudy is good enough that he can work and talk at the same time.